The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is a 12 month International Master programme taking place at Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management and MIP Politecnico di Milano and is taught entirely in English. The Advanced Master in Innovation & Entrepreneurship is aimed at candidates who want to think and act like entrepreneurs and become innovative leaders. In fact, the emergence of new technologies and the broadening of global markets are creating continuous opportunities for new business development and challenging the established market positions.
Our partner: MIP Politecnico di Milano:
MIP is a global business school accredited by EQUIS and AMBA. It is ranked by the Financial Times among the best business schools in Europe and has been recognised as a prestigious business school for over 30 years. The school works with a wide network of public and private companies and is supported by the strong links developed with the Politecnico di Milano’s Departments of Engineering and Design.
These are just a few of the skills which the Master programme aims to develop in candidates:
- learning how to develop a new business idea, from concept design to execution.
- learning to introduce and manage innovations, both cost-effectively and sustainably.
- identifying new market and social opportunities for new and existing businesses.
- building your own personal network of managers, investors, designers, entrepreneurs, incubators and consultants from different industries and countries.
- building managerial and organisational skills, and your capability to work in a team.
We target participants who want to:
- become entrepreneurs or envisage entrepreneurial careers as family business managers;
- join the founding team of a start-up;
- work as associates in charge of corporate R&D projects or as consultants to assist companies in implementing innovative and creative projects.
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- Master or Master of Science Degree, or equivalent (four or five years of study overall)
- Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, preferably followed by 1-2 years of work experience.
Admissions will be based on the candidates’ proficiency in English, on their background, professional potential and motivation.
The course is taught entirely in English and lasts for 12 months starting in September. The programme consists of an autumn term in Milan, a spring term in Brussels and a summer term at one of the two campuses, according to preference.
The in-class activities last 10 months, from September to June of the following year. The students can work and submit their final project report from June to September. The submission of the report can be done remotely so that students do not have to stay in Belgium compulsory after June.
By being mobile across different European locations, the participants will be stimulated to adopt a broader market perspective and to use their capability to network and interact with different business environments.
The programme comprises three experiential modules during which the participants will learn to develop a new business initiative, serve as members of a consulting team assisting a company in implementing a corporate strategy and developing a project in collaboration with a company.
After graduation, an unlimited range of job opportunities will become accessible. Here are some of the careers that participants could follow:
- become an entrepreneur or envisage an entrepreneurial career as a family business manager,
- join the founding team of a start-up,
- work in a young entrepreneurial venture,
- manage, or work as an associate in charge of corporate R&D projects,
- work as a product and business developer or as a chief designer officer,
- work as a consultant to assist companies in implementing innovative and creative projects,
- work as an associate in venture capital or business angels funds, or in the entrepreneurial finance division of banks,
- work as a project manager in incubators, technology transfer offices or entrepreneurship centres.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 6, 2018