Postgraduate course in Finance for Master students or professionals in the early phase of their career.
This program seeks Master students or professionals in the early phase of their career with a strong academic background, intellectual curiosity and eager to learn!
Key admissions criteria
- Bachelor or Master or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall) - You can apply the same year you obtain your degree
- 3-year Bachelor (180 ECTS), followed by 2 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in English
- Improve drastically your chances to secure attractive jobs in the financial sector and boost your career growth
- The 3-month internship program
- Job Placement Ratio: over 80% even before graduation
- Student Trip experience: London Finance Tour
- The Solvay interactive teaching methodology: constantly challenge yourself
- Small classes, big experience
- The faculty: learn from an exceptional cast of academics and practitioners
- Experience diversity & an international learning environment
- Join the Solvay Alumni Network
Overview of the program
The Advanced Master in Financial Markets is designed to help you develop knowledge and an entirely new skill set: a strong understanding of market practices, financial techniques, risk management, and the new regulatory environment, which is a must to get the best jobs and accelerate career development.
- Complete and submit the online application form together with the required documents.
- If eligible, an interview with the Academic Director will be scheduled.
- After the interview, you will be asked to submit a 5-page essay in English on a financial subject agreed with the Academic Director.
- Receive feedback on your admission. If positive, you will have 2 weeks to finalize your registration by paying a deposit of €2000.
Required documents for application
- Online application form (inclusive of a cover letter)
- Copies of University degree(s) and of all academic transcripts
- Copy of ID/Passport
- Profile picture
After graduation, an unlimited range of job opportunities will be accessible to you. Graduates of the program have been recruited by a range of firms in Belgium and abroad, including:
- Banks and investment banks: Belfius, BNPP Paribas, Euroclear Bank, KBC, Credit Suisse Zurich, Goldman Sachs Warsaw, ING Amsterdam, ING London, etc.
- Asset managers, private banks and private equity funds: Blackfin, Blackrock Zurich, Bank of New York Mellon, Candriam,Capital @ Work, DNCA Paris, Kartesia, Landy & Partners London, Lombard Odier, Société Générale Luxembourg, Sofina, etc.
- Insurance companies: Fidea, La Baloise
- Consulting or advisory firms: Deloitte, EY, KPMG, PWC, Baker Tilly, Grant Thornton, Moore Stephens (London), etc
- Regulatory Agencies: Bank of England, European Central Bank, National Bank of Belgium, Single Resolution Board, etc
- Industrial Companies: Cargill commodity trading, Exxon Mobil commodity trading, Colruyt Treasury, etc
- Fintech, Trade Associations, Universities, etc.
- Instalments option for the tuition fees available.
- Solvay Scholarship Scheme (contact us for more information).
"Advanced Master in Financial Markets” university certificate delivered by Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management – Université libre de Bruxelles.
"This Advanced Master is for graduate students and young professionals who want to know how the financial markets operate in practice, not just in theory. It is taught by senior practitioners and has been designed to help you find a better job in the market and benefit from faster career growth."
About the School
Established in 1903, Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management is a Faculty of the Université libre de Bruxelles. It currently holds a leading position in Europe for research and education ... Read More