This Advanced Master in Financial Markets offers an advanced education in finance and in financial markets that is complementary to the curriculum provided in classical graduate programs in finance or economics. The master, therefore, focuses on creating bridges between theory and practice and also the policy and strategic aspects of the current financial landscape. To do so, all courses are given by an exceptional cadre of faculty members - both practitioners and academics.
- Finance had become much more complex and competitive.
- There is a massive regulation shift underway.
- You need a different set of skills to succeed.
- The best professionals will do even better, whereas the average will stagnate.
- Finance is increasingly multi-disciplinary.
- Regulators expect more from financial institutions.
- Society expects a more ethical financial system.
- Financial firms are revisiting their business models and the financial world is restructuring.
- A new relationship is being built between public and private financial flows.
- The center of financial power is shifting gradually towards new economies.
- Unique program.
- Practice not just theory.
- A stellar set of professors.
- Focused internship in a top institution.
- Close to where EU regulation is shaped.
- In-depth understanding.
- Tailored to your needs.
- Talent enhancement.
- International reach.
- Creating value.
By the end of the master you will be able to:
- Have a much deeper and broader understanding of the practice of financial markets compared to other graduating students or even many young professionals.
- Acquire the ability to handle sophisticated financial techniques and make robust assessments of theoretical and policy-related issues, thanks to the sharing of experience of senior practitioners and top-level academics teaching the courses.
- Develop strong new competencies and skills to be a more accomplished and creative performer in the financial sector, with the ability to progress faster to senior positions.
- This master is a full-time course (60ECTS) and is completed within one year during evening and Saturday classes.
- To ensure optimal quality of learning, preference is given to smaller size classes. Selection of candidates is made on the basis of an application file and an interview.
The master targets students who have:
- a master degree in economics or management, but also possibly in other disciplines, such as law, math, physics, political science, engineering, and
- a strong interest in finance and preferably already some background through their choice of graduate courses or possibly their professional experience.
For this master, the courses will be delivered after business hours (late afternoon on weekdays and Saturdays) to allow participants to take the course in parallel with a professional activity.
This master is a full-time course (60 ECTs) that lasts one year, split over five terms. At the end of the courses, students will perform a three-month internship in a leading financial institution. The Academic Director and the career service team help participants find internship opportunities. Previous internships have taken place in Belgium or abroad in institutions such as the European Commission, the European Central Bank, Belfius, BNP Paribas Fortis, ING, KBC, Degroof Petercam, Lombard Odier, Credit Suisse Zurich, all four Big 4 consulting firms, Euroclear Bank and SWIFT.
Young professionals who work while taking the program can carry out their internship in their own firm.
Participants may submit a master thesis on a relevant topic as an alternative to the internship.
Eligible applicants must hold either:
• Master or Master of Science Degree or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall)
• Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, complemented with relevant professional experience of at least 2 years.
Admissions will be based on the candidates’ academic and/or professional background, and motivation. Proficiency in English necessary.
Program taught in: