Rapid advances in robotics, algorithms, big data and artificial intelligence are beginning to disrupt entire industries, and technology is threatening to replace millions of jobs.
Companies are investing in becoming intelligent businesses. Markets are shifting, business functions (operations, marketing, finance, IT, HR) are transforming, and traditional business models no longer work to keep a competitive advantage. Classical ways of working need to be disrupted and companies need to transform their business into the digital businesses of tomorrow.
The new jobs enabled by digital technologies require different skills. Some of these skills are technical, such as software development, web management, data analysis, process, and complex project management.
Those who have the skills will get ahead faster. The objective of our Advanced Master in Digital Transformation & Business Analytics is to prepare you for these new challenges and become leaders of this transformation, capable of managing digital projects to their successful completion.
3 Myths on what is Digital:
Digital disruption is not (yet) bankrupting Forbes Global 2000 Companies
Digital is a back-office issue focused on achieving operational efficiencies
Companies can implement a successful digital transformation simply by launching a digital business unit and hiring a chief digital officer
By the end of this Advanced Master, you will be able to:
- Have a good grasp of digital transformation and an understanding of digital enterprise, analytics, and associated culture
- Have a clear mental model of what a digital enterprise is and assess a business for fit/gap to a digital enterprise
- Be able to assess the strategic and operational situation of a digital enterprise or a business compelled to change to become fit for the digital economy
- Understand and practice the fundamentals of data science to be a key stakeholder of the value chain
- Be able to provide alignment between business and technical stakeholders translate digital analytics business requirements into technical specifications
- Relate professionally with digital experts in all activities of the digital enterprise
- implement tag management, web analytics & usability analytics solutions
- Lead and execute quality assurance testing of digital analytics implementation
“Advanced Master in Digital Transformation & Business Analytics” university certificate delivered by Solvay Brussels School of Economics & Management – Université libre de Bruxelles.
The Advanced Master in Digital Transformation & Business Analytics seeks students who:
- have a strong belief in data as the new oil. You have a huge interest in new technology trends and a willingness to jump into the depth and learn new techniques
- are eager to learn to work with data, processes and technical subject and you have already some previous exposure to these subjects during your studies or past work experiences
- don’t accept the status quo and embrace this ever-changing environment
- are fascinated with new technology and you would like to see all its possibilities
- are a digital native and constantly keeping an eye out for the next big thing
- are open-minded and excited by turning bright ideas into brighter solutions
- are eager to help others understand the potential of digital and apply it to their business
Eligible applicants must hold one of the following:
- Master or Master of Science Degree or equivalent (4 or 5 years of study overall)
- Bachelor Degree with 180 ECTS credits or equivalent, complemented with relevant professional experience of at least 2 years.
Admissions will be based on the candidates’ academic and/or professional background, and motivation. Proficiency in English necessary.
This master is a full-time course (60 ECTS) to be completed in one year. It is built on a combination of day classes, field activities, and a final in-company internship or field project.
The Advanced Master in Digital Transformation and Business Analytics is preparing you to lead the business-driven technological transformation.
We focus on the How: how to lead these projects? what is the right methodology? how can I translate business requirements into technological specifications? … We combine cutting-edge courses with hands-on activities with faculties who are also practitioners.
What you will do during this program
- Be immersed in an imaginative environment where you’re pushed to go beyond the edge of what’s possible
- Explore current and evolving digital platforms
- Understand changing requirements and digital solutions and believe that technology can solve many of the world’s greatest challenges
- Develop unconventional solutions in digital transformation
- Formulate and Solve Digital problems, you’ll develop a deeper understanding of business challenges and how digital solutions can help
- Have practical hands-on experience working with specialist
- Develop experience in data analysis and working with data manipulation, logical thinking, advanced Excel skills and converting raw client data sources into high added value data-mart
After graduation, you will be able to seize job opportunities such as:
- Digital Consultant
- Digital Project Manager
- Digital Business Analyst
You will be part of digital projects helping companies to have their next chapter in the 21st century!
To successfully grow in your professional life and make the right choices for your career, it is fundamental to define your goals and have the tools to achieve them. The Solvay Brussels School’s career service will help you in building your career thanks to its strong connection with the business sector and to its dynamic team who will accompany each participant into the professional world. From self-assessment to networking opportunities, our team will assist participants to realize their full potential. Through a range of seminars, coaching sessions, workshops, events, and other resources, we help our participants to discover the career path best suited to their personal fulfillment.
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Since the number of seats in class is limited, candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
If you wish to join the Advanced Master course in September 2019, please follow the four main steps of our admission procedure:
- Complete and submit the online pre-enrollment form together with the required documents (please see below).
- Receive feedback on your eligibility from the Academic Director.
- If eligible, have a personal interview and admission test with the Academic Director (and submit an essay in English)
- Receive feedback on your admission. If positive, please note that you will have two weeks to finalize your registration by paying a deposit of €2000.
Required documents for application:
- Online application form
- CV/resume in English
- Copies of University degree or degrees and of all academic transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native speakers
If the applicant deems it relevant, he/she can support the application with:
- Letters of reference
- Any other certificate (GMAT, GRE, etc.)
Non-EU students: 31 May 2019 (recommendation related to visa procedures)
EU students: 30 June 2019
Early-Bird discounts, amounting to €1.000, will be recognized to candidates who will send their applications by April 29th, 2019 (valid only for registrations confirmed within 2 weeks from receipt of the admission documents).
Important: non-EU-citizens should be aware that student visa procedures may take up to 3 months and therefore check the timing and conditions with their nearest Belgian Embassy or Consulates if they wish to apply after May 2019. Applications received after May 2019 will only be processed subject to such checks being made immediately.
Additionally, non-EU applicants must take into consideration that getting a student visa for Belgium implies the obligation to prove their sufficient and regular means of subsistence (631 EUR net/month in 2016-2017) or their sponsor’s. If they can’t, Solvay can support them if the applicant transfers the requested amount covering 12 months on a school deposit account (which will be redistributed on a monthly basis to the student as soon as a Belgian bank account has been created).
What makes us different
The Advanced Master in Digital Transformation & Business Analytics combines:
- Cutting-edge courses with hands-on activities with faculties who are also practitioners
- 3 months in-company internship or final field project
- Career support: individual career coaching
- The Solvay Alumni Network: become part of one of the largest business networks in Belgium
The Advanced Master in Digital Transformation is preparing you to lead the business-driven technological transformation.
We focus on the How: how to lead these projects? what is the right methodology? how can I translate business requirements into technological specifications?
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 5, 2018