The University of Sheffield is a truly international environment with nearly 25,000 students from 117 countries. With a history stretching back to 1879, it is one of the UK’s leading universities and, as part of the Russell Group, is renowned for its research and teaching excellence.
Sheffield University Management School is one of the university’s largest departments, housed in a modern, newly-refurbished building just ten minutes’ walk from campus. We are in the top one per cent of business schools worldwide, having been awarded a Triple Crown accreditation from the three major international accreditation bodies – AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 results place us in the top 15 business/management schools in the UK with 81% of our research considered world leading or internationally excellent. We are ranked in the top 5 in the Russell Group and top 10 in the UK for research impact - the demonstrable contribution that our research makes to society and the economy.
Student and staff numbers have increased alongside our academic reputation and all benefit from our exceptional reputation for internationally-renowned research and innovative teaching.
Student Experience and Employability
- Sheffield University Management School has full-time careers staff based in our Employability Hub – this means that postgraduates are always able to receive advice on vital employability matters such as student placements, job applications and interview techniques.
- The University of Sheffield is recognised as one of the top 150 institutions in the world in terms of employability
- Teaching quality assessments rate our teaching very highly across a wide range of subjects, and official research assessments confirm our reputation as a centre for world-class research in many disciplines
- The Triple Crown accredited status of Sheffield University Management School recognises academic quality, an integrated international approach and a well-developed business engagement strategy
- Sheffield was listed in the top ten for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2011
- In our most recent graduate survey, 97 per cent of our UK graduates were in employment within six months of qualifying
- Our Triple Crown accreditation places Sheffield University Management School in the top one per cent of business schools in the world
- The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2014 ranks the University of Sheffield as number one for overall student experience. It was also named first for its Students’ Union, social life, accommodation, facilities and ‘the university most people would recommend to a friend’
- Sheffield University Management School was ranked 15th in the UK in the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014). 81 per cent of research in the department was considered world leading or internationally excellent
- The QS World University rankings rate Sheffield at 80th in 2015-16
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-16 position the university at 15th in the UK and 97th in the world
Studying and living in Sheffield
Sheffield offers a low cost of living but a very high quality of life. Its proximity to the Peak District and position right in the centre of the country (London by train is around two-and-a-half hours) means that our students benefit from the best of both worlds. It is a friendly, tolerant, safe and welcoming city where we are confident you will be very happy.
A thriving cultural scene and the availability of outdoor activities close to campus lead students to enjoy an active, varied life when they are not studying. However, the University of Sheffield’s academic facilities – such as the Information Commons which is open 24-hours-a-day, 365 days a year – mean that independent study is also a pleasant and rewarding experience.
Find out more about why you’ll love Sheffield: www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/whyshef
Discover more about our world-leading library facilities: www.sheffield.ac.uk/infocommons
This school offers programs in: