The Interactive Design Institute (IDI) is the UK’s leading online provider of higher education courses in art and design subjects. The company was founded in 2004 with the aim of allowing people across the world to achieve accredited qualifications without having to attend a college or university. In the last ten years we have enabled over 600 students to realise their academic potential online, and we currently have students enjoying the benefits of our modern study website in over 69 countries and counting.
A Great Range of Online Art and Design Courses
In 2008, IDI became a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire. We now deliver some of their most respected art and design degree courses 100% online. Our most popular courses include:
- MA Graphic Communication
- MA Illustration (Visual Communication)
- MA Interior Design
- MA Photography (Visual Communication)
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design
- BA (Hons) Illustration
- BA (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design
- BA (Hons) Photography
IDI has also gained approval from some of the UK's most respected awarding bodies, including the City & Guilds of London Institute, ABC Awards and the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). We also offer a Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Art, Design and MediaFoundation Studies (Art, Design, and Media) course which leads to a Level 3 Diploma in Foundation Studies. This course allows students to improve their artistic skills or begin a career in the creative industries by preparing a portfolio for entry to a degree course.
Why Choose to Study Art and Design Online With IDI?
Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider enrolling on an online course with IDI:
- We believe students studying online require more support, not less so your subject specialist tutors will give you unrivalled regular one-to-one tuition and feedback. Our dedicated Student Support and Technical Support teams are also always on hand to help out.
- When you graduate you will be awarded a BA (Hons) or master’s degree certificate from the University of Hertfordshire, one of the UK’s top universities; there is no mention of distance learning on your award
- All teaching is asynchronous allowing you to study at times that suit you while managing your other commitments
- You will have unlimited access to quality learning materials, practical projects and activities within our secure and easy to use study website, IDI-Study
- If you have a question about anything related to your studies you will can contact our IDI support team who are available Monday to Friday, 9 to 5
- Within IDI-Study are the IDI forums where you can meet your fellow students to find inspiration, get help with a project or share design ideas
- With IDI location is not a barrier, meaning that you can study towards an accredited qualification from anywhere with an internet connection
Follow the links below to find out more about the courses we offer.
This school offers programs in: