UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT MONROE
We believe that students, faculty, and sta should strive to strengthen the bonds between our university and community, lead through service and learning, and be motivated to grow in intellect and integrity.
WHY THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA MONROE?
At ULM, diversity is a reality. We are a vibrant community intersecting arts, cultures, religions, languages, and experiences. No matter who you are or what you want to become, you’ll be a valued member of a fast-growing global community.
- 7216 Undergraduate students
- 911 Graduate students
- 390 Pharmacy/Professional
- 748 Out-of-State
- 302 International
- 65.2% Caucasian
- 26.4% African American
- 2% Asian
- 1.1% Hispanic
- 5.4% Other
LOUISIANA SPORTSMAN’S PARADISE
Louisiana sits above the Gulf of Mexico at the mouth of the Mississippi River, bordered by Arkansas to the north, Mississippi to the east and Texas to the west. Originally colonized by the French during the 18th century, it became U.S. territory as part of the historic Louisiana Purchase in 1803 and was admitted to the Union in 1812. Louisiana’s capital city is Baton Rouge. It is also home to the historic port city New Orleans, which is famous for its unique cuisine, jazz and spectacular Mardi Gras festival.
- Our Louisiana roots run deep inside a culinary wonderland drawn from French, Spanish, African, Sicilian, Caribbean, Irish, German and American Indian cultures. Add a dash of country comfort and a pinch of sophistication, and you’ve got a recipe for the best food on the planet.
- It’s the birthplace of America’s only indigenous art form—Jazz—but Louisiana also is home to a host of musical styles ranging from Country, Gospel and Blues to Hip-Hop, Rockabilly and Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- When you make a list of all the unique things Louisiana offers, you quickly see the long- lasting in uences of our French, Spanish and African ancestry.
Our past is well-preserved in our architecture, music, food and lifestyles—which include our amazing festivals—and of course in our museums of history and ne arts.
It is not an accident that Louisiana clings to the phrase “Laissez les bons temps rouler,” meaning “Let the good times roll.”
- With year-round hunting, shing, golf and countless other opportunities for outdoor recreation, it is easy to see why Louisiana’s nickname is “Sportsman’s Paradise.” Not to mention Louisiana hosts two major professional sporting teams: New Orleans Saints (NFL) and New Orleans Pelicans (NBA).
We believe that students, faculty, and staff should strive to strengthen the bonds between our university and community, lead through service and learning, and be motivated to grow in intellect and integrity.
Big sports fan? Come cheer on our championship Warhawk sports teams, including men’s (baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, track and eld, waterski) and women’s sports (basketball, beach volleyball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, track and eld, tennis, volleyball, waterski).
ULM ACTIVITY CENTER
Your student ID gets you free access to the weight room, cardio room, yoga studio, tness classes, indoor running track, multipurpose court, basketball court, and much more.
Campus libraries, bookstores, and computer labs are here for you to make sure you have everything you need to keep up your GPA.
Student Lounges are great places to relax and get to know your peers.
There are several restaurants and cafés on campus, featuring healthful menu items and locally sourced, organic ingredients.
ULM HEALTH CLINIC
A medical clinic is conveniently located right on campus.
STUDENT PERKS AND DISCOUNTS
Students may be entitled to a “perk” or discount from local businesses. Often a business may offer you a discount if you ask, so please ask!
This school offers programs in: