The Carson College of Business (CCB) within Washington State University (WSU) is accredited at the baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The College offers programs at three WSU campuses with the largest campus in Pullman and urban campuses located in Vancouver and the Tri-Cities area. The CCB also provides programs internationally in China, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Phuket Thailand, and Chiang Mai Thailand.
The CCB offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with specializations in Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance and Management Science, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing, and Management. Also offered is a Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Business Management with a specialization offered in Business Wine Management. Post graduate degree offerings include PhD in Business Administration, Masters of Accounting, MBA, Online MBA and Online Executive MBA. Non-Degree programs in accounting and sales are also available.
The CCB’s current undergraduate enrollments exceed 1200 certified majors, in addition to undergraduate online enrollments of 420. Post graduate Business programs have 260 enrollments.
WSU Carson College of Business History
Courses in economics have been offered at Washington State University since the school was first opened in 1892. The original Department of Economic Science and History was incorporated into the College of Sciences and Arts in 1917 and it became the Department of Business Administration in 1926.
Composed of five faculty members, the department offered, in addition to the regular economics courses, a thorough program in Secretarial Science. The staff increased to fifteen in 1928 and in the same year Business Administration was elevated to the status of a "school," although it functioned within the College of Sciences and Arts until 1940 when it was given independent status.
Economics continued as a separate department in the College of Sciences and Arts until the two disciplines were merged in 1948 by Dr. M. W. Lee into the School of Economics and Business. It was given college status in 1963 with Dr. Eugene Clark functioning as the first dean.
More recently the name was changed to the College of Business and Economics. In 1989 branch campuses in Tri-Cities, Spokane, and Vancouver were established with business courses offered at all three locations.
The College of Business and Economics was renamed the College of Business by the WSU Regents in 2006. Changing the name reflects the impact of business on society. It also recognizes that, in 2005, the new School of Economic Sciences gained its academic home in the WSU College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences.
This school offers programs in: