Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds. Benedictine is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Benedictine University provides a values-centered Liberal Arts education. Today, Benedictine enrolls nearly 10,000 students from all 50 states in the U.S. and over 17 countries.
The University’s main campus in the Chicagoland area features a learning center, science facility, administrative buildings, residence halls, Founders’ Woods apartments, an athletic center, a lake, a student center and the Benedictine University Sports Complex. Branch campuses are located in Springfield, Illinois and Mesa, Arizona and class sites are located in China and Vietnam.
Benedictine offers on campus and online undergraduate and graduate degrees in business, leadership, health care and education.
- Over 127 year legacy of academic excellence
- Benedictine is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- Named the Fastest Growing University in the United States by The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Ranked among America’s Top Colleges by Forbes Magazine
- 91% of our current students report they are satisfied or very satisfied with their learning experience at Benedictine
Why earn your degree online at Benedictine University?
- No VISA requirements – Benedictine offers fully online degrees allowing you to earn a United States education in the comfort of your home
- We have students and graduates from all 50 U.S states and over 17 countries - your networking opportunities are endless
- Get to know classmates, alumni and faculty who can help expose you to professional opportunities within the United States
Online Learning Experience at Benedictine
- One of only 24 universities to use the latest learning technology simulating the physical classroom with highly social features that allow you to see who is online, create profiles, work in groups and more
- 84% of students surveyed reported they found the online learning system easy to use
- Highly interactive learning experience designed to foster relationships with peers and faculty through discussion boards, faculty videos, profiles and groups
- Study on your own schedule – there are no mandatory log-in times
- 24/7 access to courses and technical support personnel to answer your questions
- You will earn the same degree certificate as your on-campus peers
- Eight week online course format covers the same content as classes taught on campus
- Online students have access to the University library, career services team, writing center, math center, networking events and more
- 83% of students surveyed reported they were satisfied with the amount of interaction they have with faculty and peers in online courses
- 94% said the program prepared them well for their current career
- 87% of online MBA graduates work full-time
- 84% of online MPH graduates work full or part time
- 96.6% of online MSN graduates work full or part time
All student survey statistics from Benedictine University's Spring 2014 online alumni survey
The GMAT/GRE is required for most graduate programs at Benedictine University. Applicants may request a graduate entrance exam waiver if: - They already possess a master's, PhD, or other advanced degree - Their undergraduate cumulative GPA is verified by an approved transcript verification agency to be the U.S. equivalent of 3.0 or higher.
Students with 3-year Bachelor’s Degrees
Benedictine University requires all international student transcripts to undergo evaluation by Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or Educational Perspectives to assess prior learning in other countries as it compares to U.S. education.
A 3-year Bachelor’s degree program must be deemed equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor’s degree program by ECE or Educational Perspectives in order to qualify for admission to a graduate program.
English Language Proficiency
All international students must demonstrate they have met the English proficiency requirements for the degree program to which they are applying. Students applying for graduate programs must meet one of the following requirements:
- TOEFL Paper Based Test: 550
- TOEFL Internet Based Test: 78
- IELTS Exam: 6.0
Test scores must be no more than one year old at the time of application and must be official documents in their original, unopened envelopes or sent directly from the testing service. Electronic verification may be possible but is not guaranteed.
Under certain circumstances, the English Proficiency requirement may be met without the official TOEFL or IELTS. You may speak with a Program Manager to learn more.
This school offers programs in: