You are invited to visit the University of Warwick Post Graduate Open Day on 26th November 2014 Webpage: www.warwick.ac.uk/pgopenday
Join Sociology in our department specific activities http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/sociology/news/pgopenday/
• By choosing Warwick, you will become part of one of the country’s top Sociology departments. We are consistently ranked in the top 5 of national league tables. Sociology at The University of Warwick is 23rd in the global QS World Rankings. We are highly graded on the Research Excellence Framework for the quality of our research and supervision. These accolades have helped us secure significant funding from the Economic and Social Research Council and other funding bodies.
You can expect a first-class teaching and learning environment at Warwick, informed by cutting-edge research. Our postgraduate programme is designed and informed by high-calibre academics, producing arguments, theories and ideas that are published and discussed around the world. Our research-led curriculum emphasises your role in creating your own knowledge as part of a wider academic community. We encourage our students to become active members of this lively research culture, through a busy and exciting programme of frequent seminars and visiting lectures.
• Our staff are well known internationally as scholars and advisers on key aspects of public policy. We have a strong global and international dimension to our teaching, research and student body.
• By studying in Sociology, you can learn about a variety of topical issues – e.g. social theory, youth culture, media, social policy, health, population, ethnicity, gender, international development, education and science – in order to inspire and sustain a vast array of intellectual and academic interests. This gives you the opportunity to learn about and pursue your own research across a diverse and exciting range of specialist study fields. We pride ourselves as a department on the internationalism in our research and teaching excellence, the diversity of our student body and a strong sense of community. In research terms, our Research Clusters are; – Body, Science and Society – Culture Media and Creativity – Inequalities and Social Justice – Politics, Community and Civic Engagement – Theory and Methodologies
• You can get involved with events across our Research Centres, we organise visiting seminars, workshops and conferences, which will introduce you to the vibrant intellectual culture not only of Sociology, but departments across Warwick and beyond.
– Centre for Rights, Equality and Diversity – Centre for the Study of Women and Gender – Social Theory Centre
We pride ourselves as a department on the internationalism in our research and teaching excellence, the diversity of our student body and a strong sense of community. We are located in the Ramphal Building on Library Road in the heart of the university.
This school offers programs in: