The University of Portsmouth is a leading modern university with an excellent reputation for teaching informed by world-class research. Many of our programmes are recognised by professional bodies and provide access to employers searching for highly qualified personnel. We have over 22,000 students, including 4,000 from over 100 countries, and over 3,000 postgraduate taught and research students. We offer superb facilities in a vibrant waterfront location – a University by the sea, but in the heart of one of Britain’s most historic cities.
- Joining a postgraduate community of over 3,000 UK, EU and international students.
- The prestigious University Library, including a dedicated postgraduate study area to facilitate your studies and research.
- The Graduate School – a first port of call for all postgraduate research students and supervisors.
- Dedicated in-house careers and recruitment teams, ready to advise you on career planning and applications as well as offering guidance online.
- Partnerships with local, national and international organisations.
Portsmouth is a lively and cosmopolitan city on the south coast of England and it enjoys some of the best weather in the UK. It is an interesting and attractive place where the historic sits comfortably with the modern. The city is compact – everything you could possibly need is within easy reach.
Just 90 minutes by direct train from the centre of London, Portsmouth is also within easy reach of Heathrow, Gatwick and Southampton airports. As a busy ferry port, it is a gateway to the continent with regular sailings to France and Spain.
Most students live in an area roughly four miles square; private housing and all our halls of residence are in this area. Our Halls of Residence are situated either near the city centre on the Guildhall Campus or at Langstone Student Village which is adjacent to the University sports fields.
The University operates a free, regular bus service between the Guildhall Campus and the Langstone Student Village during term time
Meet us in your country
University of Portsmouth representatives visit a number of countries throughout the year. Meet with our staff and learn more about our courses and University life. We are attending a number of overseas exhibitions and holding interview sessions. Please come along and see us. If you wish to apply, please bring all your original documents with you as we may be able to make you an offer on the day.
This school offers programs in: