Welcome to CRIC at Anglia Ruskin University
All of us at Anglia Ruskin University are very proud of our association with Cambridge Ruskin International College (CRIC). We fully support the CRIC courses taught across our various campuses because we know they will help aspiring overseas students to achieve success in UK university education. Our relationship with CRIC presents an extraordinary opportunity for students to study and live on a major campus, either in Cambridge or Chelmsford.
Throughout its 150-year history, Anglia Ruskin University has offered undergraduate and postgraduate education characterised by breadth and flexibility as well as academic excellence. This tradition is strengthened through our relationship with CRIC.
Our graduates are expected to display imagination and intellectual rigour, and a practical awareness of industry. These aims are consistent with those of CRIC. That academic quality comes first at CRIC is demonstrated by the involvement of university staff in chairing the CRIC Academic Advisory Committee. The association between the two institutions is designed primarily to offer eligible students an approved route to university studies and ultimately an Anglia Ruskin University degree.
An Undergraduate Pathway is a single course which is comprised of a series of stages (Stages 1-4) of study which on successful completion results in the award of a Bachelor's Degree from Anglia Ruskin University. A Postgraduate Pathway is a single course which is comprised of a series of stages of study (Stages 1 - 2) which on successful completion results in the award of a Master's Degree from Anglia Ruskin University.
- Excellent study locations: state-of-the-art university campus.
- Over 65 pathways that culminate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree from Anglia Ruskin University.
- Complete some Bachelor degrees in 2 years (instead of 3 years).
- Small class sizes mean you get more personal attention from lecturers.
- Wide range of career options and a very high graduate employment rate.
CRIC at Anglia Ruskin University's Cambridge and Chelmsford campuses.
Start in: September, January or June
500 International students from all over the world.
World Class Facilities
At CRIC we believe that excellent facilities are essential in providing the support and resources required to make the most of your studies. In the last five years Anglia Ruskin University has invested over £80 million in campus developments, with a further £124million planned over the next 5 years.
Among the specialist facilities are:
- a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit;
- 4 University Libraries (including an extensive Digital Library in addition to our on-site print collections);
- a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios;
- a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory;
- a University Eye Clinic;
- simulated hospital wards and operating theatres;
- bespoke counselling rooms;
- the 266 seat Mumford Theatre;
- 2 art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its ground-breaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford;
- a mock courtroom, for our Law students;
- a state-of-the-art Language Centre; and
- Multimedia Language Laboratories.
Services available at CRIC
CRIC encourages you to use all the support services available and to contact our friendly staff for advice and assistance whenever you need it. Remember, we are here to help you achieve success on whichever pathway you have chosen to study.
The Student Support team looks after all our students' needs, including:
- Academic performance monitoring -- Students in Jeopardy programme
- Assignment help
- Attendance monitoring
- Disability support
- English language support
- Enrolment on your pathway
- Learning support
- Orientation programmes
- Registration with Anglia Ruskin University
- Registration with CRIC
- Social activities
- Student welfare
- Study skills training
- 24/7 emergency assistance
Activities at CRIC
If you are interested in getting involved in sports and cultural societies, Anglia Ruskin University is the perfect university for you. Cambridge and Chelmsford offer a wide range of recreational and sporting facilities that you can use, including cricket pitches, sports halls and gyms. At CRIC we organise events every semester. Previously we have held talent shows, sports events (including football and cricket tournaments), visits to the coast and theme parks.
Being part of sports and cultural societies while you are at Anglia Ruskin University will open up many social and career opportunities to you. We encourage our students to participate in such activities as much as possible.
This school offers programs in: