Founded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK.
- Among the top 2% of global higher education institutions
- Top-50 UK University – Times University League table 2015
- Top-10 UK University for “student satisfaction” – NSS 2014
- Top-10 UK University for “excellent early student experience” – THE survey 2014
Career and Employability
87% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2012/13
Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements - students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations – to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, BSB, and NMC.
Cost of Study
- Scholarships up to full tuition fee waiver are available for international students.
- Among the most economical places to study in the UK in terms of living costs – The Independent
- Top-10 UK university for ‘inexpensive shops/amenities’ – THE Student Survey 2014
- Top-5 in the UK for helpful staff – THE Student Survey 2014
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Top-10 UK university for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2014
- Top-10 for university accommodation – THE Student Survey 2014
- Top-10 in the UK for quality of accommodation – WhatUni Student Awards 2014
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
- Top-5 for Security – THE Student Survey 2014
- “Best UK University setting” – The Independent
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- Two campus locations - Bangor and London, 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 250+ Undergraduate courses and 200+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.
This school offers programs in: