ULPGC global data
Year established: 1989, but is a direct antecedent of the Canary Islands Technical University, founded in 1979.
Geographic Location to: Canary Islands (Spain). Atlantic archipelago of 7 islands, 7447 km2, between the meridians 14 ° E and 18 º E and the parallels 27 º N and 29 º N. Population around 2 million inhabitants.
Campus: 2 campuses in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, 1 Arucas campus, a campus in Lanzarote, Fuerteventura 1 campus.
University Residences: 3 residences, 464 seats.
The University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is a university that emerged from a popular aspiration, committed to continuously improving the quality and efficiency of public service it provides to society.
Its basic objectives are:
- be competent, educated, responsible and caring
- generate, apply and disseminate knowledge
- contribute to economic progress and welfare of the Canary Islands
- create and expand culture and promoting international relations since our insul Atlantic arity
We aim to achieve an autonomous university in its thinking and its internal development, with high levels of self-government.
An innovative university in teaching, research, management and social impact activities;
- culture that builds and radiates around them;
- concerned about environmental quality and sustainable development;
- which enhances the solidarity between peoples and cooperation;
- contributing to solving the problem as social and international relations boost from our Atlantic island.
Working towards this vision, our goal is to be recognized within and outside the Canary Islands by the academic prestige of our teachers, for the integral development of our graduates, the professionalism of the work of our administrative staff and services and the relevance of social impact of our actions.