JCU Singapore (registered as James Cook Australia Institute of Higher Learning in Singapore) is fully owned by James Cook University Australia, the leading tropical research university in Australia.
The university established the company in Singapore in 2003 as part of its expressed intent of “Creating a brighter future for life in the tropics world-wide through graduates and discoveries that make a difference”. The university is ranked in the top 4% of universities in the world and is the leading tropical research university in Australia. It offers a suite of university level programs at the JCU Singapore campus, specifically:
- Undergraduate programs in psychology, business, accounting, marketing, tourism, information technology, and environmental science
- Post graduate programs in psychology, guidance and counselling, business, accounting, and information technology
- Doctorate programs in psychology
Importantly, all programs offered follow the same curriculum as the Australian versions but are contextualised to the Asian environment. This ensures high quality, while at the same time maintaining a local relevance.
Additionally, JCU Singapore offers courses at the pre-university level, specifically designed to provide pathways for students who are unable to immediately attain university entrance standards. The pre-university programs are:
- English language preparatory program (3 levels designed to improve students’ English to the level required for University undergraduate or post graduate degrees)
- Foundation program (an eight-month university preparation program for students who are unable to meet our normal entrance requirements)
Student enrolment at the campus has grown rapidly from 34 students in 2003 to approximately 2500 students in 2011. The campus is truly multicultural, with students from Singapore and across Asia, in particular China, India, Indochina, Indonesia and Malaysia. Additionally, students enrol from Europe and the United States.
JCU Singapore has two campuses, located at 600 Upper Thomson Road and 10 Ang Mo Kio St. 54. The campuses provide students with access to a full range of facilities and services to support their learning. Facilities include lecture and seminar rooms, a fully equipped library, computer laboratories, an onsite bistro and access to a variety of sporting facilities.
All courses are registered with the Council for Private Education (Registration Number 200100786K) and our operations are governed by EduTrust. In 2008, we achieved the Singapore Quality Class for Private Education Organisations accreditation.
The campus provides the opportunity for international and local students to earn a “real Australian degree” without leaving Singapore.
This school offers programs in: