FEP is the School of Economics and Management of the University of Porto. University of Porto is one of the most prestigious Higher Education Institutions in Portugal and Europe, and highly ranked worldwide. Within its 14 schools and research units, the University of Porto has 33,000 students – of which 3,700 are international students - and close to 2,300 teachers and researchers.
FEP was founded in 1953 and is, since then, a benchmark in education and research in the field of Economics and Management in Portugal, distinguishing itself through its ability to innovate and renew its study programmes. That is shown by the diversity and quality of its programmes: FEP offers two undergraduate programmes (Economics and Management), fifteen MSc programmes in all relevant fields of Economics and Management - of which four are taught in English - and two PhD programmes (Economics and Management)- also taught in English.
FEP has a prestigious faculty comprising 150 faculty members that combine a high academic level with great teaching ability. FEP has several research centers, of which two (CEF.UP and LIAADD) are ranked respectively as “Very Good” and “Excellent“ by FCT, the Portuguese public scientific research funding institute.
For the academic year 2015/16, a total of 2,965 students were registered at FEP: 1,553 undergraduate students, 1,300 MSc students and 112 PhD students. That same year, FEP welcomed more than 380 students, coming from over 65 different countries, of which 262 are exchange students. FEP students also use the opportunity to study abroad in the more than 100 FEP partner schools spread over 30 countries, in some cases granting them a double degree (e.g., the Master in Management students and Master in Finance students can opt to complete one period of studies at, respectively, Kedge Business School and University of Kozminski, which will award them a double degree). Further, FEP belongs to QTEM Masters International Network that gathers outstanding students from 16 top economics schools worldwide.
FEP Alumni are placed in top management positions in the most important companies and institutions in Portugal and abroad, across all industries, allowing students a privileged access to an extremely large and notorious corporate partner network.
For more info, click here.
Why study at FEP?
- UPorto is a worldwide highly-ranked university
- FEP belongs to QTEM Masters International Network that gathers outstanding students from 16 top economics schools worldwide
- FEP has several Dual degrees (Master in Management, Master in Finance and PhD in Economics with Kedge Business School, University of Kozminski and LASER – Lombardy Advanced School of Economic Research, respectively)
- Top students
- Teaching quality and research-oriented faculty
- Knowledge and professional skills
- Exchange opportunities in prestigious international academic partners
- Extracurricular activities
- Academic and professional integration support services
- Access to numerous internships and recruitment opportunities
- Notorious and wide alumni network
- Vibrant student life: sports, culture, leisure Porto has won twice The Best European Travel destination awards (2012 and 2014)
This school offers programs in: