BI Norwegian Business School
BI Norwegian Business School is a private, non-commercial foundation (founded in 1943) providing knowledge and competence both to the private and public sectors.
BI Norwegian Business School is a self-owned foundation whose purpose is to conduct education and research at a high international level within management, administration, economics and marketing.
BI is a strong player on the international arena as well: through its operations in China, Lithuania and Australia, through its exchange agreement with a more than 140 universities all over the world, and through its international programmes taught entirely in English in Norway.
BI is inspired by the Scandinavian tradition of management. Scandinavia is perhaps the closest you can come to a postindustrial knowledge economy. Scandinavian companies are also the innovators of participatory management techniques and network forms of organization. BI adds its focus on ethics and corporate social responsibility to these qualities.
BIhas now taken the next step in its development. The school has moved to a brand new campus in Oslo. This campus is centrally located in an emerging and pulsating business area in Oslo. All the school's international programmes are taught here.
Accreditation and ranking
- BI has the coveted Triple Crown accreditation status, meaning it has been accredited by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. In 2013, approximately 70 business schools out of 15 500 world wide could pride themselves with a Triple Crown status.
- BI was accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) in 2014. The accreditation guarantees, according to the AACSB, "that a school has the best qualified faculty, relevant and challenging curriculum and provides educational and career opportunities that are not found at other business schools.
- BI has been EQUIS accredited since 1999 as one of only 121 business schools in the world.
- AMBA is an accreditation of an institution's MBA/DBA programmes. BI was awarded this accreditation in 2013.
- BI is one of the 100 most recognised business schools of a total of over 4,000 such colleges in the world (one of 35 in Europe) in the “Top Business School Worldwide 2008” survey.
- BI is amongst the 65 best suppliers of tailor-made in-house programmes in the world and no 28 in Europe (2008), and provides the 25th best MBA programme in Europe (2013) according to the Financial Times.
- BI obtained the status of 'Specialized University Institution' in 2008, after NOKUT (the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education) gave its approval on the 27th February this year.
This school offers programs in: