Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) is one of the largest technical universities in the Baltic States and one of the most prominent higher education schools in the country, leading in many research areas and study fields. There are 9 faculties and 10 research institutes at the University. KTU offers almost 160 undergraduate, masters and PhD study programmes in technology, science, humanities, biomedical science fields and arts.
Last year the University opened one of the largest and most modern open access research centres: KTU Science and Technology Centre and Technological Business Incubator. At KTU Santaka Valley researchers carry out frontier research and R&D activities in the areas of sustainable chemistry and biopharmacy, future energy, mechatronics and telecommunication technologies which are of crucial importance for developing knowledge economy in Lithuania. KTU Santaka Valley, accommodating state-of-art laboratories and knowledge-based enterprises is a hub for progressive technologies and knowledge-intensive business representing synergy among research, studies and innovations.
School of Economics and Business is the largest School in Kaunas University of Technology. There are 6 academic departments, Executive School, 3 research centres and institutes. School of Economics and Business offers 8 undergraduate, 14 masters and 2 PhD study programmes. It combines three most important parts for existing and future business – internationality, interdisciplinarity and innovations.
- Biggest amount of dual study programmes in KTU; five new interdisciplinary study programmes (2 already started; 3 are about to start);
- Successful business and technological studies are combined together, in order to meet industry needs.
- Interdisciplinary researches clusters.
- 187 Erasmus+ agreements with partner institutions allow exchange good practices not only between students, but between academics as well.
- Publications in internationally recognised scientific journals.
- Respected between the best business schools worldwide.
Innovations and technology transfer
- After launching the Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab on December 15, 2014, Kaunas University of Technology, School of Business and Management became the first University in the Baltics that has it.
- Teaching with real cases (co-operating with local and global companies). As a result our students became the winners in ”Google Online Marketing Challenge”.
- Close collaboration with business in organisation of new study processes and improvement of existing ones.
- All the possibilities for Lifelong Learning in Executive School.
- Close collaboration between students and academics improves the quality of studies, creates friendly environment and maintains a social responsibility.
- Our students are constant candidates and winners of the best thesis awards, issued by the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania, Lithuanian Society of Young Researchers, Lithuanian Science and Technology Society, etc.
- Business input creating areas for student’s learning and leisure.
This school offers programs in: