The School of Business, University of Nairobi is located in a quiet attractive surburb, twelve kilometers away from Main campus. The School has over 120 academic staff members spread across three teaching departments namely:-Finance and Accounting, Business Administration and Management Science.
The School of Business was established in its present form in 1964, and it produced its first batch of graduates in the Bachelor of Commerce degree in 1967.
To be a world-class business school providing business education, research and consultancy with an African touch
To provide leadership in the pursuit of business and management knowledge and applications through relevant and enriching teaching, research, consultancy and partnership with the wider community for the betterment of the Kenyan society.
- Morality and ethics
- Professionalism and integrity
- Openness and transparency
- Creativity and innovativeness
- Academic freedom and enquiry
- Service to society
- Enhanced teaching, research and consultancy capacity
- Increased level of autonomy
- Development of a business school
- Ensure enhanced quality services in all programmes
- Efficient and effective fees collection
- Ensure completion of all stalled projects.
- Stable and enabling environment
- Availability of sufficient resources
- Supportive corporate environment