The IT Sligo is one of Ireland’s most successful third level educational institutions.
- Located in the North West of Ireland, we are a regional leader in education, innovation, and economic and social development.
- We deliver flexible contemporary programmes from higher certificate and degree level courses to taught postgraduate and research awards by traditional and online delivery.
- We provide a focus for local business innovation and development through our Innovation Centre.
- We have an excellent track record in collaborating with businesses, the community and the creative industries across our core disciplines of Business and Humanities, Engineering and Science.
- We are recognised for our integrity and openness; for providing a supportive and flexible learning environment for our students to achieve their potential.
- We have an excellent track record for our innovation and research; and for being proactive, encouraging and entrepreneurial in our dealings with the business community.
Our philosophy is indeed the embodiment of what Yeats described as the ‘Pilgrim soul.’
IT Sligo Provides
We deliver academic qualifications in all subject areas including taught Masters and at PhD level.
- At IT Sligo we provide a broad range of programmes in Science, Engineering, Business and Humanities from undergraduate to postgraduate level. We also offer a number of apprenticeship programmes.
- For our partners in industry, we deliver a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
- Our work in economic and social development is directly supported by a range of research and innovation services.
- IT Sligo is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and we received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
- Our outward customer focus and entrepreneurial approach means that in response to market demand we have developed specific programmes such as: PR Event Management, Construction Management, Forensic Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Eco Tourism, Financial Services and Electronics. We pride ourselves that our courses are aligned with the skills that are required in the real world.
- Each year our Science Week activities attract over 3,000 visitors onto the campus to take part in practical scientific experiments.
- Our courses are relevant to the modern employment marketplace.