This Master of Science Programme is a unique and forward-looking one dedicated to developing and promoting students’ academic and professional potentials in the eBSCM area, which has distinguished itself from those in university-level education sector.
––– Programme Director, Professor Mingming LENG
Master of Science in eBusiness and Supply Chain Management (eBSCM)
The Master of Science (M.Sc.) in eBusiness and Supply Chain Management (eBSCM) Programme is hosted by the Department of Computing and Decision Sciences in the Faculty of Business at Lingnan University. This is a one-year, full-time programme that is mainly designed to educate students about key management strategies and approaches in the eBusiness environment, and also help students understand and utilize the information technology (IT) for supply chain integration in the international and global context. The well-prepared, highly-demanded programme perfectly matches the need of individuals who are, or intend to be, IT managers, operations managers, eBusiness consultants, project managers, supply chain coordinators and managers, and eBusiness owners.
Aims and Objectives
The programme aims to:
1. strengthen students’ abilities to understand and use the information technologies that are necessary for supply chain operations in an eBusiness environment;
2. equip students with the management strategies for effectively using information technologies to achieve supply chain integration in the international and global context;
3. familiarize students with managing online and mobile business operations that are involved into a supply chain;
4. expose to students the benefits for an organization through incorporating the Internet into its supply chain operations;
5. foster students abilities in identifying the business changes resulting from the use of information technologies for organizational practices in supply chains.
The Entry Requirements
To be eligible for entry into this programme, candidates should have:
1. hold a bachelor’s degree with first or second class honours from a recognized tertiary institution; or have equivalent qualifications and experience, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis;
2. have basic IT or information systems (IS) background, which is recognized if candidates have taken at least one IT- or IS-related course (e.g., Information Systems Management, Computer Programming, etc.) and/or worked in relevant industry for at least one year; and
3. meet the English language proficiency requirement by attaining a minimum score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79 (Internet-based test) or above in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). In lieu of the above, an applicant can submit results from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the minimum acceptable score 6.5 or the College English Test Band 6 (CET 6) of the People’s Republic of China with the minimum acceptable score 450. Students who graduated from a university using English as a main teaching language do not normally need to present evidence of their proficiency.
Note that: (i) we allow flexibility for an applicant with an English test score below the minimum requirements (for details, see the programme brochure); (ii) applicants can enjoy the admission preference if they have more working experiences; and (iii) interviews may be conducted when needed.
Application Period and Fee
For the current year intake, application closes on March 15, 2016. Late application may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The application fee is HK$350 (payable to “Lingnan University”), non-refundable.
Note that: the tuition fee for the academic year 2016-17 intake has not been determined but will be announced shortly.
For any information, updates, and downloadable files, please visit our programme website: http://ln.edu.hk/cds/ebiz/index.html.