CPE Lyon is a French « Grande Ecole » specialized in the fields of:
- Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
- Electronics / Telecommunications / Computer Science
It was created in 1994, as a result of the merger of two major schools of engineering in Lyon: the École Supérieure de Chimie Industrielle de Lyon (ESCIL), and the Institut de Chimie et Physique Industrielles de Lyon (ICPI).
CPE Lyon is a private, state approved school of engineering. It is located in Lyon, major European city, second French university center (after Paris area).
We provide programs in these areas leading to the « diplôme d’ingénieur » (MSc degree). International students are welcome for 2 or 3 years for our degree program, or for one semester or one academic year on exchange. Help is provided for accommodation and for administrative formalities. We offer research projects in our laboratories (organic and analytical chemistry, catalysis, polymers, chemical engineering, computer science, electronics, signal processing).
CPE Lyon is part of the “Université de Lyon”, a big research and higher educational centre, constituted in the form of a public scientific co-operation establishment that combines Lyon’s universities and “grandes écoles”.
CPE Lyon is situated on the “Doua – Lyon Tech” science park in Villeurbanne, very close to Lyon. The campus has a total population of 26,000 people made up of students, researchers, PhD students and company employees.
Lyon stands as a large French city and a European metropolis that combines economic dynamism and quality of life.
Focus on strong points
- 1200 students
- More than 300 graduates per year
- 6 research laboratories
- 70 international students
- 70% of students spend at least 1 semester abroad
- 88 university partners
Nobel Prize laureates
- Chemistry Nobel Prize in 1912: Victor Grignard, director of the school from 1921 to 1935
- Chemistry Nobel Prize in 2005: Yves Chauvin, (1954 graduate)
- Co-Laureate of the 2007 Peace Nobel Prize : Jean Jouzel (1968 graduate)
This school offers programs in: