The Philosophical Faculty is one of the four Faculties at the University of Eastern Finland. The Faculty emphasises internationality and multidisciplinarity and works for the advancement of education for the public good according to the principles of the University of Eastern Finland. Its special mission is to conduct scientific research and offer research based academic education in the fields of educational sciences and psychology, home economics and craft science, linguistics and cultural studies.
The Faculty serves not only Eastern Finland but the whole country and the international scientific community as well. In certain areas of education, theology, languages and culture the Faculty has an expressly defined national mission. The Faculty also strives to provide its services to the society as a whole by providing expertise and education in the fields it represents for the advancement of the social, economic and cultural well-being of Eastern Finland in particular.
FIELDS OF STUDY
The Faculty educates professionals and experts in the following fields of study:
- educational sciences
International Master's Degree Study Programmes
- MA in English Language and Culture (120 ECTS)
- Master's Degree Programme in Linguistic Sciences (120 ECTS)
- Master's Degree Programme in Clinical Linguistics (EMCL, 120 ECTS)
- Master's Degree Programme in Educational Sciences (120 ECTS)
- Master's Degree Programme in Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication (120 ECTS)
This school offers programs in: