The cost and environmental impact of keeping complex, long-life assets and infrastructure operating efficiently is significant. The ability of owners and maintainers to deploy superior through-life support capability will be increasingly critical to meeting shareholder and public demands in tomorrow’s world.
These demands increasingly require improved availability with a simultaneous reduction in the cost of supporting the service and equipment. This results in the need for a new and integrated approach to education within engineering and operations management.
With this rapidly developing interest in ‘service and support engineering’, the MSc in Through-life System Sustainment provides an essential foundation for future leaders in organisations who wish to maximise the ‘value in use’ from complex, long-life product systems, and become the change leaders for system sustainment.
Why This Course
- Enables career enhancement whilst you study
- Tailored to meet the increasing demand for world-class systems and maintenance professionals
- Combines theory and practice with 60% company focused project work
- Group and individual thesis projects supported by employer/sponsoring company
- Excellent staff-to-student ratio
- Industry practitioners teach alongside academic specialists from Cranfield and the Defence Academy Shrivenham
- Additional student support through individual coaching and mentoring and an online learning platform
- Alumni membership providing excellent network opportunities
- Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) and Certificate (PgCert) qualifications also available.
Funding opportunities exist, including industrial sponsorship, School bursaries and a number of general external schemes. For the majority of part-time students sponsorship is organised by their employers. We recommend you discuss this with your company in the first instance.
This school offers programs in:
Takes you on to careers with higher levels of responsibility, a broader base of skills and capability and a greater level of professionalism.
Cost & Fees
- Home EU Student Fees : MSc Part-time - £20,000*
- Overseas Fees : MSc Part-time - £20,000*
*Students will be offered the option of paying the full fee up front, or to pay in four equal instalments at six month intervals (i.e. the full fee to be paid over the first two years of their registration).
- The fees outlined apply to all students whose initial date of registration falls on or between 1 August 2016 and 31 July 2017.
- All students pay the tuition fee set by the University for the full duration of their registration period agreed at their initial registration.
- A deposit may be payable, depending on your course.
- Additional fees for extensions to the agreed registration period may be charged and can be found below.
- Fee eligibility at the Home/EU rate is determined with reference to UK Government regulations. As a guiding principle, EU nationals (including UK) who are ordinarily resident in the EU pay Home/EU tuition fees, all other students (including those from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man) pay Overseas fees.
Candidates are expected to have at least two years relevant experience in industry together with a first or second class UK Honours degree in a relevant engineering or technology-based discipline, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Alternative qualifications together with additional industrial experience may be considered.
If you are an international student you will need to provide evidence that you have achieved a satisfactory test result in an English qualification. The minimum standard expected from a number of accepted courses are as follows:
- IELTS - 6.5
- TOEFL - 92
- Pearson PTE Academic - 65
- Cambridge English Scale - 180
- Cambridge English: Advanced - C
- Cambridge English: Proficiency - C
In addition to these minimum scores you are also expected to achieve a balanced score across all elements of the test. We reserve the right to reject any test score if any one element of the test score is too low.
We can only accept tests taken within two years of your registration date (with the exception of Cambridge English tests which have no expiry date).
Students requiring a Tier 4 (General) visa must ensure they can meet the English language requirements set out by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and we recommend booking a IELTS for UKVI test.
Last updated April 6, 2016