This unique postgraduate programme seeks to educate medical doctors, chartered physiotherapists and osteopaths in the field of sport and exercise medicine. During the programme you will be lectured by highly qualified experts in sport and exercise medicine and sport and exercise science on the latest academic and practical developments in the field. The postgraduate programme provides students with a wide breadth of knowledge across sport and exercise medicine and the necessary skills to apply theory into practice.
The programme provides doctors, physiotherapists and osteopaths interested in sport and exercise medicine with:
- The necessary scientific background knowledge to appreciate the issues arising in the field of sport and exercise medicine.
- Up-to-date training in modern methods of diagnosing and treating sports injuries, including emergency care.
- The necessary skills and knowledge to provide advice on the prevention of sports injuries.
- An introduction to research appropriate to the field of sport and exercise medicine.
- Opportunities to learn about the theory and application of sport and exercise science in a sporting context
- The opportunity to build upon previous research experience.
- An opportunity to undertake a piece of discipline related research activity as exemplified by the dissertation project.
- The full time course will include attachments to sporting teams for the student to gain experience and insight into working within a multidisciplinary team in a high-level sporting environment.
Students successfully progressing through the taught course onto MSc will be expected to conduct an original piece of research (15,000 words or equivalent) on an aspect of applied sport and exercise medicine. They will be assigned a tutor to support them in their research.
Employability & Careers
This programme is for medical doctors, chartered physiotherapists and osteopaths who want to develop their expertise in sport and exercise medicine. It offers unique opportunities to work in multidisciplinary teams to gain improved understanding of all other disciplines within sport and exercise medicine.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 14, 2015