In 25 years of existence, the ESCP Europe Specialised Master in Media has trained over 400 high-level media managers, producers, journalists, and multimedia project managers. In addition to their professional and academic credentials, talent ranks high among their distinguishing characteristics. The Specialised Master in Media Management has been their launch pad to success in this fascinating, but fragile industry. Today, its graduates make up a powerful network that continues to strengthen the programme and add to its creative energy.
Our programme targets your expertise
The programme’s objective is to prepare students for a career in the media professions in the fields of applied media management, information management, journalism, film/television production, or on-line/off-line multimedia production.
This full-time programme lasts 12 months. It starts in September of every year and is organised in the following way:
* 6 months of full-time coursework - end of September until the end of March
* A company placement of at least 4 months starting in April
* An international seminar lasting between one and two weeks
* A professional thesis
The programme’s coursework is based on both theory and real-life application. Full-time ESCP Europe faculty and media professionals alternate theoretical teaching with applied approaches in traditional classes, colloquia, business cases, cultural seminars, “Press Club” breakfasts, etc.
Main areas covered:
- Journalistic Techniques
- Media Management Principles
- Applied Management
- Television and new media management
- Fundamentals of the Movie Business
- Film production & distribution
The fees for the academic year 2016/2017 are set at 13,900€ (including costs of the international seminar - transport & accommodation - and the reference books).
The fees are invoiced either:
- In one instalment at the beginning of the academic year
- ESCP Europe also offers the direct debit option: in that case 6 monthly instalments will be paid from November to April.
Applicants who are offered a place must confirm their acceptance and pay a non-refundable deposit of 2,000€ for tuition fees.
- Holders of a first Master's degree.
- Holders of a Bachelor degree (240 ECTS) : with a minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Holders of a Bachelor degree without professional experience (less than 30% admitted)
Information not yet available for 2015/2016.
For the 2014-2015 schoolyear, scholarships depending on both financial need and merit will be granted to the students in the Specialised Master programmes.
Only students who fulfill the two following criteria will be eligible:
- Students who were granted a scholarship (level 2 to 6 only) based on financial need in 2012-2013 and/or 2013-2014 ;
- Students who are admitted on the first list in the ESCP Europe Specialised Master’s selection
The amount of the scholarship is 10% of the tuition fees and will be deducted from these fees. Students will be informed of the amount of their scholarship before September 2014.
ESCP Europe Foundation scholarships, available to all students, are merit-based. The amount of the award is 2000€.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 15, 2016