Today, culture and the arts are a full-fledged economic sector. It requires special know-how and expert knowledge. Over the past two decades, cultural activities and institutions have experienced dramatic growth. Careers in the field have undergone a complete transformation in both the private and public sectors.
The hallmarks of this transformation include new ways of assessing the value of cultural products, appreciating the diversification of sources for financing, understanding new methods of increasing public appeal, and most notably, a heightened emphasis on budgetary priorities.
In this context of financial rationalisation, a strong need has developed for a reassessment of the sector. The majority of book publishing, news, multimedia, theatre, television and cinema is produced by multinationals that now look for “enlightened” managers. Companies that produce and disseminate cultural goods and activities strive to recruit high-level managers who are capable of developing their activities and creating and overseeing cultural production. A trailblazer in the arts and culture management arena, this Specialised Master offers the additional advantage of a double-degree: the Specialised Master degree from ESCP Europe (conferred by the French “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles”), and the Master di II livello of the Università Ca’Foscari Venezia.
Type of Course
- Full-time, post-graduate specialised master programmes
- Specialisation by business function or sector
- Participants are engineers, doctors, pharmacists, lawyers, economists, etc.
- Average age: 25 years
- 12 months (starting in September)
- 6 months of coursework including an international seminar
- At least four months of internship or direct employment
- A professional thesis on a topic of the student’s choice
All the ESCP EUrope Specialised Masters are accredited by the French "Conférence des Grandes Ecoles" with the label "Mastère Spécialisé" (post-master-Master's degree).
Our programme targets your expertise
Building on the expertise of ESCP Europe and Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, the Specialized Master in Management of Cultural and Artistic Activities provides participants with a solid base of applied management concepts and skills in fields related to culture and the arts.
This full-time curriculum is spread over one year divided into 3 terms as follows:
- 2 terms of intensive courses - September to December in Venice; from January to March on the ESCP Europe Paris Campus.
- 1 term of professsionalisation from April to December : a company placement of at least 4 months and a professional thesis defended orally to a committee between early November and mid-December the year following the September intake.
Classes are taught in Italian, English and French
Profile of the MS Management of Cultural and Artistic activities Class of 2016
- Humanities and Social sciences: 18%
- Business: 16%
- Literature and Philosophy: 16%
- Fine Arts and Architecture: 13%
- Law: 11%
- Media and Culture: 10%
- Political sciences: 8%
- Economics & Finance: 5%
- Engineering : 3%
- 32% international students
- 76% women, 24% men
Eligible applicants must hold a master's degree (research or professional) in fine arts, architecture, engineering, management, public administration, political science, humanities or in any other field.
The following degrees are required for eligibility (in fields such as engineering, management, medecine, architecture, humanities ... ):
- A "Grande Ecole" degree
- A Master's degree (5 years of study)
- A Post-graduate degree (over 5 years)
- Other degree equivalent to the above
- (please consult us)
Degrees equivalent to a Master 1 (4 years of study) are not eligible for this Specialised Master.
Candidates must be proficient in English with a good knowledge of French and Italian.
The fees for the academic year 2016/2017 are set at 13,900€ (including costs of the international seminar - transport & accommodation - and the reference books).
The fees are invoiced either:
- in one instalment at the beginning of the academic year
- ESCP Europe also offers the direct debit option: in that case 6 monthly instalments will be paid from November to April.
Applicants who are offered a place must confirm their acceptance and pay a non-refundable deposit of 2,000€ for tuition fees.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 15, 2016