Research Master Literary and Cultural Studies
The two-year Master's programme in Literary and Cultural Studies is a specialization within the two Research Master's degrees in Literary Studies and in Arts and Culture.
The programme in Literary and Cultural Studies provides you with an advanced investigation of the arts. You will focus specifically on the role the arts play in processes of cultural change. Also, you will study arts and culture in general and specialize in one of these art forms: literature, film, theatre, music, and multimedia forms.
The programme has a multi-disciplinary approach. You will study the arts from perspectives such as history, philosophy and sociology. In addition, the programme is closely related to the multidisciplinary research carried out at the Groningen Research Institute for the Study of Culture (ICOG).
Specific requirements for international students
- Matching procedure
- Previous education. A Bachelor diploma (with results credited as very good) in a field related to:
- Language and cultural studies (with a specialization in literature, film and culture)
- American Studies
- Arts and Culture studies (literature, film/television, theatre, music, multi- and new media)
- Art policy and management
- Other admission requirements. Excellent academic record, letter of motivation, two letters of recommendation and transcript, thesis or paper
As a graduate of this programme, you will have an analytical, critical and independent attitude towards the arts and culture. You will be well prepared for a research career in the areas of literature, arts and culture, both at universities and private research institutes.
Research-oriented career in the public or private sector
Language: English (100%)
Start course: September 05, 2016
EU/EEA students: May 01, 2016; non-EU/EEA students: March 01, 2016
This school offers programs in: