Degree acquired: Professional Master's degree in pedagogy of music
The length of the studies:
- The length of full time studies: 1 year and 5 months or 3 semesters
- The length of part-time studies: 2 years or 4 semesters
Conduct of the studies
study year - October (Introductory lecture, exercises etc.), January, June, July;
- study year October, January (defence of the Master paper).
Requirements for beginning the study programme: higher professional or professional bachelor's education and/or qualification of a teacher in various subjects connected to music.
Requirements for acquiring the qualification:
- academic courses that provide the newest advances in theory and practice of the field;
- research and innovation study courses;
- development and defence of the master paper.
Professional status: right to work in research, teaching and professional work in the field of music pedagogy. Option to continue studies on a doctoral level.
The results of the studies:
Knowledge in: music pedagogy, didactics, methodology; world and Latvian music history; culturology, arts management and marketing theory; modern pedagogical and psychological approaches; unity of human physiological motor and mental functions.
Ability to analyse regularities in the interpretations of different styles of musical works; objectively assess music science and composer's creative heritage; conduct scientific research in music pedagogy, use qualitative and quantitative research methods; prepare a cultural project proposal for accessing funding; work with computer programs designed for music.
Attitude: positive attitude towards the profession of a music teacher, positive attitude towards children, school children, students.
The students are offered opportunities to participate in the speciality relevant workshops:
- Choir conductors - become acquainted with Latvian choir traditions;
- Jazz players - Participate in Saulkrasti Jazz Festival http://saulkrastijazz.lv/
- Instrumentalists - Participate in International Latvian Young Musicians workshop in Sigulda;
- Music education teachers - to get acquainted with the Latvian education system and music education institutions.
Research experience can be improved in RPIVA organized international conferences. Students can perfect their creative talent singing in RPIVA women choir Balta, playing in the Gaudeams chamber orchestra, or the Big Band.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 27, 2016