Postgraduate Diploma In Computer Networks
Offered by National School of Business Management
Duration: 1 Years and 3 Months
Commencement: 12th of Jul 2015
NSBM’s concern for conducting this programme in Computer Network emerged from the appreciation of a responsibility to offer a state of the art technical education to the industry practitioners. This also needs to be seen as the critical and continuing effort by NIBM (National Institute of Business Management) to qualify the computer network professionals within organizations, one of the major agenda of our time.
This course facilitate to fill the increasing demand in current industry to pursue postgraduate level qualifications. This programme examines principles, design, implementation, and performance or computer networks. A focus will be placed on wireless networking, reflecting rapid advances in this area. Topics includes: Internet protocols and routing, local area networks, wireless communications and networking, performance analysis, congestion control, TCP, network address translation, multimedia over IP, switching and routing, mobile IP, peer-to-peer networking, network security, and other current research topics. Students may formulate their own final projects based on their interests and background. The course will be conducted in a more seminar-like manner than lectures, but will have a more formal schedule. Main objectives of the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Networks are to provide an opportunity for graduates and practitioners with relevant working experience to grain postgraduate qualifications in Computer Networks, to provide a wide—ranging introduction to modern computer networks and their applications and to use internet as a vehicle for presenting the different protocols in a practical setting.
- A Degree in computer/engineering/physical science obtained from a recognized university/Institution OR
- A Degree in other Discipline obtained from a recognized university/Institution with one (01) year post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- Professional qualification from a recognized professional body acceptable to the Governing Body of the National Institute of Business Management with a minimum of two (02) years post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- A Diploma obtained from a recognized University/Institute acceptable to the Governing Board of the National School of Business Management with three (03) years post qualifying working experience in executive capacity OR
- Minimum of 05 years sustained work experience in a Managerial Level in a recognized institution (Government or Private). This will be considered on a case by case basis and is subjected to the approval of the Academic Governing Council of the National School of Business Management AND
- Have a good working knowledge of English.
- Computer Network Design
- Network Models and TCP/IPv6
- Routing and Switching
- Network Planning Implementing and Administration
- Voice and Telephony Technologies
- Wireless Communication
- Service Provider Networks
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- Disaster Recovery and High availability Techniques
- Final Network project (Individual)
This school offers programs in: