Institute of Mechatronic Science and Technology at Southern Taiwan University
To meet the new wave of mechatronics engineering age and the upcoming new millennium, in 2002 the institute is founded to meet the needs of the nation's long-term development. The institute aims to develop advanced mechatronics technology and system by integrating interdisciplinary sciences of electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, control, material and opto-electronics along with the technology of IC and opto-electronic type actuator and sensor development, precision finishing, design positioning, control, fabrication and inspection. The institute also endeavors for stronger and broader academia-industrial links with local industries to cultivate advanced research and development specialists with capabilities both in practical experiences and academic bases. The focal points of research and development in the institute are listed below.
1. Micro-Electro-Mechanical System
1. Micro-Electro-Mechanical System Development with Applications
2. Design of Micro Machine Elements and Systems
3. Micro Fabrication and Control Systems
4. Semiconductor Sensors and Opto-Electronics Measurement Development with Applications
5. Nano-Technology and Measurement
6. Biomedical Engineering and Rehabilitation Equipment Development with Applications
2. High-Precision Manufacturing Processes and Automation Systems
1. Intelligent Manufacturing Planning
2. Intelligent Control Systems and Sensors
3. Electro-Mechanical Systems and Automation Systems
4. Electro-Mechanical Systems and Automation Systems
5. Rapid Prototyping and Reverse Engineering
3. New Energy with Control Technology
1. Applying electric power and electronic technology to develop low-pollute and renewable energy equipment
2. Applying vibration, microwave and DSP micro-controller to develop maintenance, inspection, control and monitoring technologies of high-efficiency electrical equipment
3. Developing intelligent control flowchart to improve power operation, distributed generation and protection functions of co-generation systems
The laboratories in the institute are listed below.
Mechatronics Laboratory, CAD/CAM Laboratory, Precision Micro-fabrication Laboratory, Rapid Prototyping and Reverse Engineering Laboratory, Field Emission Gun Transmission Electron Microscope (FEG-TEM), Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Laboratory, 3D Precision Measurement Laboratory, IC Wafer Mechanism Design and Precision Mechanism Design Laboratory, Semiconductor Design Center, Fuel Cell Laboratory etc.
This school offers programs in: