The MSc in Financial Markets prepares students for international careers in financial markets and benefits from the school's ambitious research policy.
Students learn to price or hedge financial instruments, assess investments or select and manage portfolios. The MSc provides students with advanced knowledge:
- of the main financial instruments and their risks,
- portfolio construction and management techniques, including liability-driven investment,
- analytical concepts and financial and empirical modelling tools underpinning research and analysis of portfolios,
- securities trading.
The programme also offers students the opportunity to prepare for a professionnal certification, GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM) professional certification Part I.
- Master analytical and quantitative tools, valuation and risk management for fixed income and derivative instruments
- Assess portfolio strategy, management techniques and performance across a wide range of asset classes
- Analyse market risk and credit drivers, and perform securities trading
- Perform skillful, financial risk management through use of key principles and tools
A COMPREHENSIVE CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The EDHEC Business School Career Centre is the one-stop shop for career development and offers a programme specifically designed to help students define and achieve their career goals: the TI&CD – Talent Identification & Career Development.
Fine-tune your career plan
The Career Centre assists students in designing their job search strategy. Unique in Europe, the TI&CD programme evaluates and assesses students' strenghts and areas of improvement on 10 managerial competencies defined by international recruiters.
The Career Centre organises numerous events to help students mastering their career plan:
- Individual coaching
- Career Days: sessions and workshops on recruitment processes and the market
- Recruiting events: career Fair in paris, career Days, Graduate programme Day, Audit Days
- Networking with professionals
- Alumni spotlights & mock interviews
- Business games
- Career chats
- Job and internship offers
Admissions decisions are made on the basis of the applicant's overall profile as reflected in the application pack. Successful candidates must display a wide range of educational backgrounds and experiences, academic excellence, strong quantitative and analytical skills, interpersonal competencies, international awareness, proven motivation to undertake the programme and capacity to make significant contributions to its learning environment.
- 4-year bachelor degree (or equivalent)
- Academic excellence
- GMAT and GRE accepted or CAT for Indian students only
- Proof of English proficiency :
- TOEFL Internet based >95 and TOEFL 603/250
- TOEIC > 815
- IELTS 6.5
- UCLES: Pass
- Cambridge Test of English => CPE
Last updated December 23, 2015