The Masters Programme in Product Design (LM-27577) is a studio-based programme for students who wish to hone their ability to innovate.
Candidates should be interested in the integration of design, technology, culture and business. The programme encourages creative thinking and critical reflection as fundamental design tools for the development of new objects and ideas to improve people’s lives.
In particular, the Masters of Science in Product Design encourages and trains students to:
- Explore new cultural languages
- Experiment with new technology and materials
- Develop concepts for innovation
- Interact with different forms of knowledge
- Collaborate with international companies
- Live in a multi-cultural environment
- Meet creative people
Students are encouraged to develop their ideas and concepts through a variety of different workshops, such as:
- Near Future Design Workshop
- Urban Furniture Design Workshop
- Liquids Workshop: Contain & Pour
During the final semester, students are involved in an internship in the research and development departments of national and international companies, foreign universities and research centres.
The Master is organized in 4 semesters (2 years):
- the first is dedicated to improve a more critical capability to explore contemporary design languages,
- the second is dedicated to experiments with innovative technologies and materials,
- the third one is focused to understand and develop sustainable production and consumption process,
- the last one is dedicated to the final thesis during which students are involved in an internship within the R&D of national and international Companies or within foreign Universities and Research Centers.
The lessons will be in english in order to train students to perform their professional capability internationally. In order to this, if needed, students could choice as Elective Course one of the Language Labs offered by Sapienza University.
The Master of Science in Product Design admits student having a three-year (or four-year) Bachelor Degree in Design as well as Bachelor Degree in the areas of Architecture, Industrial Engineering, Information Engineering, Marketing.
All students must have a good knowledge of spoken and written English.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2016