- ENGR 501 Engineering Research Methods
- Either ENGR 541 Mathematical Methods for Engineering OR ENGR 592 Engineering Computational Methods
Five of the following courses (Civil Engineering + Engineering Mechanics) are required for students earning a concentration in Civil Engineering with the practicum or coursework-only option. Four courses are required for the thesis option.
- CVEN 427 Design of Highway Pavements
- CVEN 440 Foundation Engineering
- CVEN 459 Introduction to Infrastructure Management
- CVEN 503 Urban Hydrosystems Engineering
- CVEN 504 Pollution Control and Residuals Management
- CVEN 505 Buried Structures-Rehabilitation and Management
- CVEN 506 Above-ground Structures: Assessment and Rehabilitation
- CVEN 510 Advanced Soil Mechanics
- CVEN 514 Bituminous Mixture Design
- CVEN 515 Advanced Cementitious Materials
- CVEN 557 Introduction to Non-Destructive Testing Methods for Civil Engineers
- CVEN 580 Trenchless Technology
- MEMT 577 Advanced Mechanics of Materials
- MEMT 588 Inelastic Deformation
Beyond this point, follow one of the three options below. A Plan of Study showing the option selected is due at the end of the first quarter of enrollment. Approval of the graduate advisor will be required to switch options or advisors at a later date.
- Electives: 3 courses approved by the Advisory Committee
- One MATH and one STAT course
- 2 courses approved by the Advisory Committee
- Research & Thesis in Civil Engr.
- 4 courses approved by the Advisory Committee
- Practicum in Civil Engr.