Masters of Management in Energy
- The Master of Management in Energy program (MME) is a 10 month full time program beginning each July. Ideal candidates have solid academic backgrounds in quantitative majors such as accounting, business, computer science, economics, engineering, finance, mathematics, or sciences.
- The curriculum was developed by faculty who specialize in energy and by industry professionals who work with our faculty and recruit our students. Specialized courses include energy accounting, energy data analysis, energy economics, energy investment banking, energy modeling, energy portfolio management, energy risk management, energy strategy, and energy trading.
- The energy and finance courses are taught in our $3 million dollar trading center that is equipped with industry-leading technology, data bases, and trading software from Trading Technologies, Thompson Reuters, MorningStar, MathWorks, and 1Derrick.
- Graduates of the program are prepared to pursue career opportunities with energy companies, banks, trading organizations, utilities, ISOs, financial services and consulting firms, and regulatory agencies.
The curriculum has been designed by a team of faculty members who teach in the program and by industry professionals, who work with our faculty and recruit our students. Courses are delivered in sequence for maximum career development. The faculty integrates energy topics into courses through energy industry examples, state-of-the-art applications, leading-edge data bases, projects, and cases.
The program begins with an intensive summer session that provides an introduction to the energy industry and focuses on sharpening computing and financial modeling skills. The fall semester strengthens core quantitative skills while broadening the perspective on the energy industry. Spring schedules are heavy with advanced energy courses that emphasize expertise and job-ready skills.
Total Semester Credit Hours 36
Prerequisites (online prep courses)
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Orientation, Career Development Workshops, and Field Trips
- Introduction to Energy (3)
- Energy Modeling (3)
- Excel/VBA Lab (0)
- Energy Data Analysis (3)
- Energy and Environmental Economics (3)
- Energy Fundamentals and Trading (3)
- Energy Accounting (3)
- Approved Graduate Electives (3)
- Energy Risk Management (3)
- Energy Strategy Capstone (3)
- Approved Graduate Electives (9)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 9, 2015