ESMT's Master's in Management (MIM) bridges your talent and tomorrow's business.
The Master’s in Management is a 22-month, pre-experience program, designed to teach students how to enhance analytical and technological skills, developed in undergraduate work, and use them in an applied business management setting. The program is designed for students from an analytical or quantitative (science, technology, engineering, economics, finance, mathematics or business) background, who have a maximum of two years work experience.
The ESMT Master's in Management program combines applied work in companies with high-quality coursework and research on the latest business management theories. Admitted students use the time at ESMT to gain valuable knowledge and interdisciplinary experience on how to apply their expertise to economic and management problems.
A program summary
- Dynamic two-year program designed for students from quantitative fields or with advanced analytical skills.
- Courses take an interdisciplinary approach to business situations in technology fields with a quantitative focus on general management and innovation in an international environment.
- One internship of up to 5 months in Germany or abroad. Committed companies so far include Allianz, Axel Springer, Barclays, BMW, Bosch, Daimler, Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Post DHL, EY, E.ON, Gazprom, McKinsey, Siemens and ThyssenKrupp.
- A social impact project over 2 months with an NGO , non-profit or social venture.
- Students will write their final master’s thesis (4 months) during a second company internship or on the basis of a topic in close coordination with a professor’s own research agenda.
- In the second year students specialize in value chain management, corporate finance, or innovation and technology consulting.
- All students learn an additional foreign language: German for international students and a global language for German students (such as Spanish, Chinese or Russian).
The program is designed for
- Bachelor's graduates with a background in an analytical or quantitative fields (including, science, mathematics, engineering, technology, economics, finance); OR
- Students with any first university degree displaying strong interests and advanced abilities in quantitative subjects.
To apply, Master's in Management candidates need to have:
- A previous degree (at least Bachelor's equivalent), fulfilling one of the following:
- a degree in an analytical/quantitative field or quantitative economics, or a similar topic
- a degree in any discipline with at least 20 ECTS credits in advanced analytical or quantitative coursework
- a degree in any discipline with a strong GMAT score (top 20% globally in quantitative)
- Strong GMAT or GRE scores are recommended and will strengthen the application
- Ideally no more than 24 months of postgraduate work experience
- TOEFL scores (95 minimum) or equivalent proof of English fluency
- Completed application, including essays and recommendations
- Individual interview over Skype
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 4, 2016