Nurturing Future Captains of the Islamic Finance Industry
The Masters in Islamic Finance Practice (MIFP) programme is a postgraduate course aimed at producing industry practitioners with global insight, holistic knowledge and cutting-edge expertise in Islamic Finance. It is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and is designed by renowned international thought leaders, academicians and experts from both conventional and Shariah financial fields, ensuring that scholars graduate with a working knowledge of both disciplines.
The course modules cover a wide range of critical topics ranging from wealth management, banking and investment to financial services, ethics and governance. The programme will provide students with a comprehensive and practical understanding of Islamic economics, finance and Shariah as well as the environment in which Islamic Finance players operate within.
Benefits of On Campus Study
The Malaysian Advantage
Experience Islamic finance in action in the cradle of modern Islamic finance where strong regulatory support has spearheaded a robust industry.
Network With Industry Experts
In addition to attending regular classes and tutorials, students interact with industry experts during the regular industry talks where invited industry speakers give presentations on the practical aspects of Islamic finance.
Online Distance Studies
Online students can register and sit for the examinations in Malaysia or elsewhere in the world.
E-Learning with study material Each semester, students are provided study and reference material in hardcopy and softcopy. Students are strongly supported through e-learning forums. Similar duration as On-Campus study By taking the full number of papers each semester, online students can complete 15 papers in 12 months, the same as on-campus students.
Online students who do not attend the face-face tutorials may participate in e-tutorial (webinar) sessions where they can communicate directly with the lecturers.
Option for exam venue Students can choose between taking their Final examination in Malaysia or in their country of residence.
Applicants who wish to enrol in this programme must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA 2.50 (any discipline); or
- Diploma/STPM/Matriculation/A-Levels certification (or the equivalent qualifications) with minimum 5 years relevant working experience; must be aged over 35 years old on the 1st January of the application year; or
- Diploma/STPM/Matriculation/A-level holder or equivalent, aged between 30-35 years old, may apply by submitting the certificate of Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) from Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Potential students must also be competent in English to actively participate in class and group discussions, fulfilling at least one of these criteria:
- Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 550; or
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) level 6; or
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET) band 4
MASTERS IN ISLAMIC FINANCE PRACTICE
MIFP is a professional degree.
The programme has strong theoretical underpinnings; its primary purpose is to offer knowledge for application in professional practice.
- It prepares a student for a life of practice in the student’s particular profession.
- It provides students with the fundamental knowledge as well as competencies on which they can build upon to advance their careers upon graduation.
- It equips graduates with managerial and decision-making skills.
- It may serve as preparation for advanced studies at the doctoral level.
This school offers programs in:
Cost & Fees
- MIFP Fee Structure (Online) Malaysian Student: RM23,085 (total fee)
- MIFP Fee Structure (Online) International Student: USD7,900
- MIFP Face To Face: Total Fee for 15 Courses = RM23,250
- MIFP Face To Face: Fee Per Course = RM1,550