Master's degree in Advanced Studies of Public Administration and Public Law
This master's degree provides interdisciplinary postgraduate university training for future professionals in the field of public administration and public law. It focuses on the most advanced legal, analytical and management techniques. Since participants are trained to specialise in administrative law, it is a complement to the Master's Degree in Law. Participants also receive instruction in the fundamentals of research in the fields of the Master's Degree.
The Faculty of Law offers a special programme that enables students to simultaneously study the Master's Degree in Legal Practice in conjunction with another university master's course taught at the Faculty of Law and thus obtain a law specialisation. For more information please consult the Faculty of Law's website
Analysis, management and consultancy in the public sector; specialised practice of public, administrative and regulatory law. Research in the field of public administration, public management and public law.
Classes are held 2 or 3 days a week in the afternoon/evening from 4 to 8 p.m.
Language of instructionCatalan/Spanish
Graduates holding the required academic degrees, public sector employees and private professionals working in the area of public, administrative and regulatory law.
FIRST YEAR: Compulsory subjects
- State Theory and Legal Thought
- Historical and Legal Analysis of the Public Administration
- Organization and Political Institutions of the State and Catalonia
- Public Governance
- Administrative Organization and Activity
- Institutions and Policies of the European Union
- Public Procurement and Management of Public Services
- Civil Service Law
- Analysis and Evaluation of Public Policies
- Public Economics
- Financial Law
- Sociology of Public Administrations
- Work Placement
- Final Project
- Optional Subjects
In this section you will find the list of all the optional subjects on the curriculum. Before you select the subjects you wish to register for, please make sure that they have been activated.
- Organizational Communication and Marketing of the Public Administrations
- Electoral Law
- Urban Law and Management
- Economic Regulation, Instrumental Entities and Public Companies
- Administrative and Social Law
- Public Integrity
- Legal Analysis of Prevention and Safety
- Managerial Skills and Organizational Competencies
- Electronic Administration
- Advanced Administrative Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Administrative Liabilities and Risks Management
- Environmental Law
- Introduction to Public Law and to the Spanish Legal System
(*)After checking the candidate’s transcript, the body responsible for admission can decide that the student must attend and satisfactorily complete some of the subjects that are programmed as bridging courses.
Graduated in Law, Political Sciences, Sociology, Economics, Labour Science, Administration and Business Management, Labour Relations, Management Sciences and related fields. Also graduated of bachelor’s degrees in fields different from the above mentioned, provided that they are holding a postgraduate degree in fields related to this master’s degree or relevant professional or institutional experience that justifies the access to the master’s degree.
A part from the compulsory documentarion to pre-enrole to the programme, students must do submit the following documents: documentación adicional:
- Proof of additional training related to the content of the master's degree: courses, seminars and other training activities
- Proof of professional experience
- Proof of knowledge of foreign languages
- Letters of motivation or recommendation
- Proof of knowledge of Spanish or Catalan (if applicable)
Pre-enrolled students will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Suitability of the admission qualification: up to 30 point. The following scale will be used to grade qualifications:
a. A degree in the field of social sciences and law: up to 30 points.
b. A degree in another field: up to 15 points.
- Evaluation of the student’s academic record in the university degree qualifying them for admission to the master's degree: up to 30 points.
- Suitability of the professional profile (professional experience in the public or private sector relevant to the content of the master's degree): 20 points.
- Competence in languages (other than Spanish or Catalan): up to 10 points.
- Complementary training related to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars or other training activities, for which proof must be provided): up to 10 points.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 23, 2016