Masters by Research degrees
This is a one year (three semesters) research programme, which will be supervised by one or more of our faculty members. Successful graduates will be awarded a masters degree with one of the following titles depending on the subject area of research.
- Master of Science by Research (main subject name) (MSc)
- Master of Arts by Research (main subject name) (MA)
- Master of Technology by Research (main subject name) (MTECH)
- Master of Laws by Research (main subject name) LLM
Masters by Research degrees are available in a wide range of topics across each of the five faculties (Schools) of the University.
How to apply
To apply for the Masters of Research degree, you must first complete the standard Masters Degree Application Form online using the links below. In the personal statement, which must be uploaded to your online application, you should mention the research topic you want to undertake. You should also ensure that you explain how your previous studies have provided you with the necessary knowledge/skills to undertake the proposed research topic.
Please note that, if your application is accepted by the research team, you may be asked to provide additional information and/or details connected with the specific research topic.
- Masters by Research (Institute of Arts, Media and Computer Games)
- Masters by Research (School of Contemporary Sciences)
- Masters by Research (School of Computing and Engineering Systems)
- Masters by Research (Dundee Business School)
- Masters by Research (School of Social & Health Sciences)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 11, 2016