Machines have enabled many seemingly unrealistic ideas and have facilitated a multitude of challenging functions. Machine science is one of the oldest and most traditional of the engineering sciences characterized by a strong desire to think differently and effect change in the world.
The high level civilization in the world is based strongly on welded metal structures, which keep the constructions in shape and machines running. Design and production of those are one of the most fascinating engineering tasks.
In this master's programme you will get the newest and purposeful knowledge and expertize for design and manufacturing of innovative, sustainable, competitive and safe welded metal structures for demanding applications, especially for dynamic loading or arctic conditions.
The teaching combines theoretical studies and laboratory exercises in modern environment with advanced methods to ensure that you will have excellent skills for your future career in both academia and industry. You will learn from different teams of experts from laboratory of steel structures, welding and laser technologies who will bring the newest results of high-level research to you.
Teaching and research are carried out in close cooperation with enterprises and other universities and research institutions.
You are eligible to apply to this Master's Programme with one of the following degrees:
- Finnish university degree in Technology (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- Finnish degree in Technology from a University of Applied Sciences (insinööri AMK tai insinööri Ylempi AMK)
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology completed outside of Finland;
- Provided that the degree gives a qualification for equivalent academic studies in the country in question.
- The degree must correspond to a Finnish lower university degree (Bachelor's Degree) in Technology in the extent (180 ECTS credits) and duration (3-4 years of full-time studies).
- The degree must include a minimum of 60 ECTS credits of studies in Technology.
- Specialist Degree in Technology from a Russian university included
- Master's Degree in Technology completed outside of Finland
- Finnish University Degree or a Finnish Polytechnic Master's Degree in a field other than Technology
Additional Programme-Specific Requirements
Kindly note that there is a requirement for a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies required.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2016