To develop more sustainable societies, we need to better understand how to respond to environmental, social and economic challenges and transform industrial behavior. Modern engineering design can be implemented by utilizing hundreds of different manufacturing techniques, which are the last links of the value chain before the product is released to the customer.
Due to the changes of customers' needs based on their awareness of sustainable manufacturing methods and development of new advanced materials, new challenges are set on manufacturing industry. In this programme, you will get skills and knowledge, which are required to reform manufacturing industry and to increase its competitiveness through sustainable production design.
During your studies, you will learn to see the possibilities and restrictions of sustainable production. You will develop skills, which enable to participate in demanding global development tasks of product and production design. You will be able to analyze challenging production tasks also by using simulation software.
You will acquire skills in the most common manufacturing techniques and their future vision. You will be familiarized with both traditional manufacturing of metal constructions and modern production, which utilizes new fiber and composite based materials. Course topics will cover a wide range of production industry from food packaging to vehicle and civil industry.
All sessions of the programme will be available online. You will be able to participate to the programme according to the MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) principle.
You are eligible to apply to this Master's Programme with one of the following degrees:
- Finnish university degree in Technology (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- Finnish degree in Technology from a University of Applied Sciences
- Bachelor's Degree in Technology completed outside of Finland;
- Provided that the degree gives a qualification for equivalent academic studies in the country in question.
- The degree must correspond to a Finnish lower university degree (Bachelor's Degree) in Technology in the extent (180 ECTS credits) and duration (3-4 years of full-time studies).
- The degree must include a minimum of 60 ECTS credits of studies in Technology.
- Specialist Degree in Technology from a Russian university included
- Master's Degree in Technology completed outside of Finland
- Finnish University Degree or a Finnish Polytechnic Master's Degree in a field other than Technology
Additional Programme-Specific Requirements
Kindly note that there is a requirement for a minimum of 24 ECTS credits of programme-specific studies required.
Higher education in Finland is free for students coming from countries within the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. Students who are citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA or Switzerland are required to pay tuition fees for Master's programmes. The amount of tuition fee is 10 000 €/Master’s programme.
Extensive scholarships are available. There are three categories of available scholarships: full scholarship (covers tuition fee and living costs), tuition fee scholarship covering 100 % of tuition fee, and tuition fee scholarship covering 50 % of tuition fee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 12, 2016