Today's global business world is looking for talented graduates with an international mindset and understanding of the management of innovations and new technologies. Multinational enterprises and new innovative companies around the world look for young experts who can manage businesses in a global setting.
Innovations and technology are present in all aspects of modern society. Your studies will be focused on different aspects of technological and innovative firms, ranging from start-ups to large multinational companies. You will be exposed to concepts needed to be effective managers in a wide variety of roles in the company ranging from marketing to product development, project management or human resources.
During your studies you will obtain critical and innovative thinking, a global business perspective, enhanced communication skills, as well as the technical tools necessary for business decision-making.
Close collaboration with industry ensures practical application of new knowledge and theories in the real world. Already during your studies you will be actively collaborating with Finnish companies, which are specialised particularly in the high-tech industrial fields. Close contacts to companies during writing your Master's thesis will give you invaluable benefits for your future career.
Intended Learning Outcomes
An understanding of critical and innovative thinking, a global business perspective, enhanced communication skills, as well as the technical tools and techniques necessary for business decision-making.
After having completed your studies, you will get wide variety of perspectives on the management of innovations and technology that is based on the combination of business, engineering and management. You will be able to cooperate and solve complex situations in today's networked business world due to diverse study methods and working in teams.
- be able to create and analyse strategies within an international context relating to products, services and technologies
- be able practice and manage strategies of decision-making, frameworks and tools in global networks and markets
- be able to analyse processes and structures of organizations and their development issues
- be able to practice, plan and manage the build-up of product families, product systems, and product platforms for tangible and intangible goods using widely different management methods in companies and networks
- be able to plan and manage international business
- be able to apply theories, methods and tools of decision-making and analysis to practical management activities.
Degree Structure and Studies
The Master's Programme in Global Management of Innovation and Technology is a two-year programme. It leads to the degree of Master of Science in Technology, MSc. (Tech.), which includes 120 ECTS credits.
Master's Thesis and Seminar is a part of specialized studies and it includes 30 ECTS credits. It is an advanced research project, which requires approximately six months of full-time work. The Master's thesis is completed during the fourth semester of the degree programme.
Degree structure table will be published soon.
Double Degree Studies
GMIT offers students also a possibility for double degree studies.
Students from several Russian universities are able to study as a double degree student at LUT. Students admitted to the double degree programme receive a degree certificate from two universities after they have fulfilled the degree requirements of both universities.
GMIT program offers students also a possibility for double degree studies at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), USA. Students admitted to the 2 year Master's degree in the GMIT program at LUT, with the exception of students coming from LUT partner Russian universities, have an opportunity to participate in the double degree programme offered in conjunction with GMIT/LUT and IIT Chicago, and will receive two Master's degree certificates - one from LUT and one from IIT Chicago.
Joint Degree Programme with Russian partners
LUT has agreed on educational co-operation with selected Russian partners:
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University (National research university)
- Kazan Federal University
- Moscow State University of Management
- Moscow State University of Railway Engineering
- Novosibirsk State Technical University
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnical University (National research university)
- South Ural State University (National research university)
- St. Petersburg State Mining University (National research university)
- St. Petersburg State University of Economics
Joint Degree Programme with Illinois Institute of Technology
Students admitted to complete the Master's degree in the GMIT program at the LUT may apply to the double degree (DD) program organized in cooperation with the Illinois Institute of Technology – IIT (USA). The corresponding program in IIT is Master of Industrial Technology and Operations (MITO).
LUT selects students through internal application process. The Admission of LUT students to IIT will be determined by IIT. The applicants have to fulfill all the application criteria presented below:
- Obtain a minimum of 3.5 GPA (Grade Point Average) on the scale of 5.0 at LUT in their studies.
- Fulfill the GRE score requirements set by IIT
- Have English language skills equivalent to IELTS score 6,5
- Be a student in good standing at LUT.
- Students studying at LUT as double degree students, who are coming from LUT partner Russian universities, are not eligible for GMIT/IIT Double Degree Programme.
The application to the GMIT/MITO programme at LUT (selection of candidate) and at IIT (final selection) takes place during the spring semester.
After graduation you will have interesting and challenging career prospects - global customer-supplier relationships and business networks demand talented young professionals in management of innovations and technologies, industrial marketing, sales, supply chain management and technology sourcing.
Students graduated from this programme have found placements as export managers, key account managers, logistic managers, controllers, analysts, business application specialists, operative purchasers, technology innovation managers, etc.
You will also have a firm basis for doctoral studies in the field of industrial management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 13, 2016