Through analytical tools in economics, business and law, students are enabled to manage the complexity of international relations of the companies, to evaluate investments on foreign markets and to organize production processes at the international level, including the import-export.
International Business aims to enhance the understanding of the decision-making processes, structures and coordination mechanisms as well as' to know operational roles, functions and tasks present in international business contexts.
Masters 2016/2017 in Locarno Switzerland. Basic characteristics of the University Graduate Study of Nursing
- Compliance of the study program and proposed study organisation with determinants of the Bologna Declaration; University Graduate Study of Nursing is a continuation of education carried out in two cycles: undergraduate studies lasting for 3 years, i.e. 6 semesters, and graduate studies lasting for 2 years, i.e. 4 semesters.
- The objective of the University Graduate Study of Nursing is to educate professionals for independent work in clinical hospitals, health institutes and institutions, as well as for work as associates in health and clinical research (projects, communication, presentation) at higher education institutions offering education in health.
- Specific strategic goal is to enable scientific training in the scientific field of nursing, to train teaching personnel who shall, upon completion of graduate studies, be competent for independent teaching in the field of healthcare, for participation in research and for continuation of scientific training in the Postgraduate Doctoral Study of Biomedicine and Health.
- According to the structure of the proposed study program, it is obvious that teaching is carried out in classes organized based on the field of study, in the form of lectures, seminars, clinical rotations and methodical exercises, individual students' work with participation of mentors and other extracurricular and curricular activities.
- Participation of guest teachers form foreign universities based on signed cooperation agreements, and of esteemed domicile and foreign experts in the field of healthcare and in the scientific field of nursing, but also in other scientific fields, because the study program includes significant elements of interdisciplinarity.
- Correlation of scientific observations, specialist knowledge and expert skills through emphasis on practical teaching
– clinical exercises in the field of healthcare performed at the teaching sites of the Faculty of Medicine: Clinical Hospital Centre Osijek, Medical School Osijek and Health Centre Osijek.
Competencies students acquire upon completion of the proposed study
Upon completion of two years, i.e. 4 semesters (120 ECTS credits) of the University Graduate Study of Nursing, the students acquire competencies (depending on optional courses they choose) to teach classes in the field of healthcare, to organise, analyse and research models of patient healthcare with a holistic approach to patients, to participate in clinical research or to continue with their education towards a doctoral degree. Thereby, students are trained to independently work in the system of education of healthcare workers, not only at the Faculty of Medicine and its teaching sites, but also at other education institutions that train healthcare workers at basic or bachelor's level.
Along with teaching competencies, upon their completion of the study program the students will be capable of taking the most responsible tasks in the organisation of healthcare in clinical departments and in the community, if they choose to do so. Upon completion of the studies, it is also possible to continue one's education in the University Doctoral Study of Biomedicine and Health, which is offered at the Faculty of Medicine in Osijek.
Outcomes of the study
Outcomes of the study program can be divided in several groups according to knowledge and skills:
Factual and theoretical knowledge:
- Evaluation of facts in the field of theory, philosophy and expert practise in the field of healthcare,
- Evaluation of theoretical knowledge, philosophy and expert practise in the field of healthcare as well as (correlating) knowledge in other fields (medicine, pedagogy, psychology, management...) which may serve as basis for scientific research in the field of healthcare.
- Using (based on critical review) of literature and other information and making of one's own conclusions through deduction,
- Making plans and conducting research; gathering, analysing and interpreting of the obtained results and their practical application,
- Evidence-based research of healthcare,
- Assessing outcomes of medical care and their impact on satisfying of human needs,
- Applying ethical principles in research and healthcare practice,
- Teaching healthcare classes in secondary schools for nurses, and in the undergraduate studies of nursing,
- Teaching health education classes in education institutions,
- Planning and organizing of training, education and improvement in the field of health at schools and health institutions,
- Making of curriculum,
- Planning and organising of teaching (lectures, seminars, exercises),
- Didactic preparation and organisation of the teaching process,
- Cooperation and/or independent research of general and specific pedagogical issues in the field of healthcare – nursing,
- Postgraduate/doctoral studies and life-long learning.
- Performing of complex healthcare procedures in accordance with quality standards.
Independence and responsibility:
- Decision-making and change management,
- Taking personal and team responsibility which contributes to professional development,
- Taking social and ethical responsibility during task performance and for resulting consequences of those tasks.