This Research Master entitled « Electronic and Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering program» (EME) is a one-year study aiming at bringing students, the theoretical background required to be an expert in
Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Indre-et-Loire in France. This Research Master entitled « Electronic and Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering program» (EME) is a one-year study aiming at bringing students, the theoretical background required to be an expert in the field. This research oriented program is intended to form highly qualified personnel to be active in Mechanical engineering industries (transport, aeronautics, automobile etc). This Research Master is managed by international high-level institutes, Polytech Tours, the Laboratory of Mechanics and Rheology and the research centers CEROC, CERMEL, CERTEMPlus.
Invited lectures will be organized with the participation of scientists from partner institutes in UK, Poland, Italy and India
This Masters, taught entirely in English, aims to specialize students in the science and engineering of ceramics, metals, polymers/ elastomers, and composites, with emphasis on a variety of subjects like materials for electronics, biomaterials, nanotechnologies, mechanics, design, numerical modeling, reliability, life cycle analysis, fracture analysis etc.
This program will cater to the needs of both engineering and science majors.
Close contacts with the Industry will be provided through off-campus work assignments in industry (internships) or in academic lab. Our goal is to produce well qualified materials scientists and engineers who can function effectively in the technical arena as well as possess the skills to assume leadership roles in industry, academia, and government.
The program objectives are to produce graduates who are:
- able to apply the principles of materials science for undertaking advanced engineering and/or research projects.
- knowledgeable about a variety of engineering materials (including metals, semiconductors, ceramics, polymers, and composites), and the relationships among processing, structure, properties, and performance.
- able to define and solve problems, especially those involving materials selection and design, and are able to develop, implement and evaluate solutions via integration of their basic scientific skills and knowledge.
- able to communicate effectively and who demonstrate the ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- skilled at using modern engineering tools for characterization, analysis and design of materials.
- able to understand their responsibility towards their profession and society in a global context.
The academic and industrial partners for this program are:
- Indian Institute of technology, Madras, India
- Vellore Institure of Technology, India
- Univertsity of Lodz, Poland
- Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Univetsity of Manchester, U.K.
- Micromaterials, U.K.
- G.M.T., Chennai, India