Master's Degree Program in Information Electronics
Information Electronics is the hardware oriented section of information technology, focusing on drafting, implementing and operating independent and embedded information processing systems. Today’s information electronic systems are based on the close cogging of hardware and software. Engineers with an academic background in Information Electronics require a broad base of education in order fulfill tasks which include the development, application, and combination of current construction elements, circuitry systems, and software technologies to create new products and applications in Information Technology. Conventional engineering and natural scientific subjects such as Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics are a part of the Master’s degree program in Information Electronics, providing a wide, in-depth range of knowledge in the following fields:
• Base-knowledge of physics in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Semiconductor Devices
• Analog and Digital Circuitry Technology and Signal Processing
• Communications Engineering and Networks
The Master’s degree program in Information Electronics incorporates in-depth, base-knowledge oriented classes conveying the required knowledge to allow graduates to analyze, draft, and specify information electronic systems in their entirety as well as further develop academic knowledge and methods of use as applied in information electronics. This provides a sustainable and academically sound base on which to constructively build a future professional career.
The program provides graduates with
•comprehensive, applicable knowledge and skills in mathematical-natural scientific and theoretical disciplines,
• in depth academic base knowledge and methods in the field of Information Electronics and the ability to apply practical applications to tasks,
• internationally recognized level of specialization in information electronics and the potential to explore other areas,
• mastered skills in engineering and activity, including interdisciplinary cooperation and how to quickly grasp and master new areas of knowledge,
• as an engineer solving scientific-technical tasks in corresponding fields independently and responsibly,
• a high degree of social, team, and leadership skills as well as a high degree of individual responsibility and
• the ability to lead research and development teams on an international level.
Graduates can pursue opportunities such as:
• Development, production, marketing components, systems and software in the field of Information Electronics,
• Conducting base-knowledge and application oriented research in fields of Information Electronics at universities, research institutes and industrial companies.
Graduates of the program acquire a solid base education and the ability to think analytically as well as have a technical understanding of cross-thematic implementation in all areas of business, administration, education, and societal issues.
The successful completion of the Master’s degree program is a pre-requisite to enroll in a doctorate or PhD program.
Degree Program: Master’s Degree Program Information Electronics
Degree Awarded: Diplom-Ingenieurin/Diplom-Ingenieur or Dipl.-Ing. or DI
Length: 4 semesters