Master of Teaching
This leading edge Master of Teaching (MTeach) degree is a high status professional qualification for entry to the teaching profession. Building on the disciplinary knowledge and critical analytic skills of graduate entry students, the MTeach is designed to provide deep understanding of teaching and learning and to develop effective professional skills. It prepares teachers to take the first step on a rewarding career path to the top of the profession.
- Integration of the disciplinary knowledge of graduate entry candidates with Masters level study of how to teach.
- Case-based instruction, lesson study, problem-based and inquiry learning, action learning and research.
- Emphasis on reflective practice.
- Practical experience in schools throughout the programme – 2 days per week in schools plus a series of Professional Practice blocks.
- Mentoring by experienced professionals in partner schools.
- Research Exercise consisting of a series of action research cycles designed to improve teaching and learning in the candidate’s major learning area.
Areas of Specialisation
- Early Childhood Education and Care
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Vocational And Technical Education
- Higher Education
Typical Entry Requirements
- A good Bachelor’s degree (at least second class honours) or equivalent from a recognised university or institution.
- For the Secondary and Vocational and Technical Education specialist streams, the applicant’s undergraduate studies must be relevant to the choice of subject specialisation(s).
- Evidence of English communication skills at the level of at least an IELTS score of 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or a credit in the GCE ‘O’ Level English Language. An applicant who has completed his/her bachelor’s degree programme in the English medium will be considered to have satisfied this requirement.
- Successful performance in an interview and any test required.
UBD has opened its door to international students since its early beginning. Early on, ASEAN students make up most of the international students of UBD. The diversity expanded today with more coming in from East Asia (China and Japan), Europe, Africa and the Mid-East.
English is the main medium of instruction at UBD and widely spoken in Brunei Darussalam. The degrees offered therefore, provide opportunities for International Students to access to future employments globally. This environment also provides international students the avenue to learn English throughout their study and daily life, making it easier for them to make friends and socialize.
UBD is so close to the city centre, and Brunei main attraction sites. UBD is adjacent to the Tungku Beach; that many of its buildings, in particular the student accommodation - The Core, and the University Technology Hub, overlook the beautiful South China Sea.
UBD is such a friendly environment and international students will feel at home with the array of clubs and things to do. There are also a variety of programmes to ensure new students to transition into UBD through The International Student Service Unit of Student Affairs Section.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 10, 2015