The Strategic and Defence Studies Centre combines the theoretical and practical expertise of leading academics and policy-makers to deliver Australia's foremost strategic studies program.
Develop the analytical frameworks you need to tackle the regional and global strategic and security challenges of your career, and graduate a leader in your field.
Upon successful completion, students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- have specialised knowledge and cognitive skills in strategic and defence studies;
- possess an integrated understanding of the conduct of strategy, military operations, and its relationship to policy;
- be capable of undertaking strategic and policy analysis and be able to analyse critically, reflect on and synthesise complex information relating to the conduct of strategy and military operations possess the technical skills needed to access the academic literature in the fields of study associated with strategic and defence studies;
- research and apply established theories and concepts and exercise expert judgement in military, defence or policy contexts;
- apply strategic concepts and knowledge to practical problems in a contemporary setting;
- have demonstrated high levels of written and oral communication in the field of strategic and defence studies.
- A Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a 60% average.
- Applicants with a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Certificate in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 24 units (one semester) of credit.
- Applicants with a Graduate Diploma or Honours in a cognate discipline may be eligible for 48 units (one year) of credit.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 12, 2016