e-Governance Technologies and Services
Degree awarded: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
Workload: 120 ECTS
Language of studies: English
Duration: 2 years
Tuition fee: No tuition fee if the student is studying with full study load. If student fails to study with full study load then the price of 1 ECTS is 48 EUR.
Entry: Bachelor’s degree, motivational letter
Estonia’s e-government and the country’s other innovative e-solutions have grown into one of Europe’s success stories of the last decade. Various theories and approaches have been created on the state level to develop and link together different technologies to implement e-governance practices on a state, local and individual level. The Master’s programme e-Governance Technologies and Services gives students broad knowledge about the makings of a modern state – the transition into e-governance, its management and development. Studies include a wider overview of administrative and legal aspects of e-governance
- Focuses on designing, developing and improving governmental systems and implementing e-government components on every level of the state
- Specialisation on IT technologies, innovation/services in public and private sector or adoption and marketing of e-government
- User-oriented services offered by government that are based on information and communication technologies
- Offers experience in the industry, practical research and project work already during studies
! Curriculum is closely related to “e-state technologies laboratory” offering students a possibility to do research on e-governance field and take part of new development projects as well!
Future career options
Graduates of the programme can work as public sector officials, product and software developers, and researchers who are capable of taking an interdisciplinary input based on teamwork to create and develop innovative, user-friendly and economically efficient e-governance solutions. Graduates can be future e-government technologist, architects, developers or analysts.
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has prerequisites:
- Motivation letter/ personal statement 1-2 A4 pages (It should include: previous working and studying experiences; previous skills’ and experiences. Why you are interested in this programme? What kind of job do you wish to have after graduating?).
- CV - working experience benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Information Technology, Public Management, Law or in other related study field. It is an advantage to have work experience in the public or private sector related to e-governance.
- Level of English B2 or higher. We accept TOEFL ibt (min. score 70) and IELTS (min. 5.5) certificates.
EU, Turkey, Georgia, Russia, Ukraine (and students who do not need a visa to enter Estonia )
** Information on application process can be found here: http://www.ttu.ee/admission/
Last updated April 4, 2016