This program provides concentrated training in taxation. The goals of the program are to prepare graduates for responsible positions in the area of taxation and ultimately for leadership in the marketplace. To accomplish these goals students are provided with the advanced technical and research skills necessary to operate effectively as tax professionals and industry leaders. The program also gives students the necessary background to interpret new developments and remain in the vanguard of the profession.
Students can complete the program on a full-time (one-ear) or part-time basis by taking a carefully chosen sequence of 10 courses (30 credits) in cohort groups. Admission is in the fall and spring semesters. Applicants are not required to possess an accounting or general business background.
Courses are taught by members of the distinguished faculty of the Zicklin School of Business, experienced practitioners in the field of taxation, and Inernal Revenue Service senior managers.
Candidates with an undergraduate degree in accounting and an MBA or MS in taxation may, with certain additional courses meet the NY State CPA 150 credit academic requirements and be eligible for a one year reduction in the professional experience requirement satisfactory to the State Board of CPA Examiners. The Stan Ross Department of Accountancy CPA advisor can provide students with the necessary information.
- $125 Application Processing Fee (submit check or money order made out to "Baruch College")
- Current Resume (submit online): We expect to see professional work experience from all candidates applying.
- Application Essays. Contact us for more information.
- Official University transcript(s): Submit official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions attended, including summer study and transfer credits. Official transcripts must be in a university sealed envelope from the issuing institution. Official transcripts should arrive and be postmarked before or by the application deadline. Please be sure your official undergraduate transcript shows the completion of your degree requirements and arrives by the application deadline.
- Standardized Examination score report: All applicants are required to take either the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and submit official scores for admissions consideration. The exam must be completed within 5 years of the beginning of the term for which you are applying. All sections of the exam are considered when reviewing candidates for admissions. Please schedule examination at least 15 days BEFORE the deadline.
- Two professional letters of recommendation: We require two letters of recommendation from those that can provide insight as to how well suited you would be for a Graduate level business degree.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants educated outside the United States, whose first language is not English are required to submit scores from the TOEFL iBT, the Pearson Test of English (PTE) or the IELTS.