Master of Science in Sustainable Energy
Energy is an indispensable part of the modern society. We depend on energy for almost everything ranging from home appliances, lighting, transportation, heating and cooling, communication, to industrial processes supplying food and other commodity for our daily lives. In order for the Earth to continuously support human lives, we must achieve sustainability for the global social, economic and environmental systems that meet “the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” Our future is dependent upon the generations of people who are educated and prepared for leading the challenging mission.
The Master of Science in Sustainable Energy graduate degree program focuses on preparing leaders and managers for the entire energy industry. This multi-disciplinary degree is science based and technology management focused.
The purpose of the Master of Science in Sustainable Energy degree program is to empower and enable students to develop advanced knowledge and skills in order to become leaders and managers in the energy sector. Specifically,
- Students will have a solid understanding of the sciences and technology related to energy production, conversion, utilization and conservation.
- Students will understand the economic, environmental and policy impact of a sustainable energy practice for a sustainable society.
- Students will develop the research and communication abilities to be effective leaders in the energy industry.
Graduate Requirements for Admission
- Grade Point Average(GPA): minimum 2.75 out of 4.0. Some graduate degrees have higher GPA requirements.
- Official Entrance Examinations (GRE, GMAT, MAT): Some degree programs require entrance examinations. Contact us for more information.
- Test of English Language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)*:
Paper-Based TOEFL: 550 points
Internet-Based TOEFL: 79 points
IELTS: 6.5 on the Academic Module
STEP EIKEN: Grade 1
*English Proficiency Requirements can be waived under the following circumstances:
- You have successfully completed 24 semester hours of academic credit from a U.S. college or university, or
- You have completed Level 112 courses with a Certificate of Proficiency from an ELS Language Center in the U.S., or
- You have successfully completed two consecutive years of courses in a country where English is the primary language and medium of instruction (within the past two years).
- You have successfully completed Graduate Student English (Level 7) at the Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- You have successfully completed the Proficiency Level, Certificate of Achievement from Kaplan International Colleges.
- You have successfully completed the Advanced Proficiency Level (APL) at one of The Language Company centers in the United States. [effective Fall 2013 cycle]
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 2, 2016